Overbearing Obstetrics [ ☁️ ] (Female Reader)

This was requested by @basilsprite. Thanks and I hope you enjoy it!

--

"...this one is a Piper PA-34 Seneca. It's different from the Cessna 182 Skylane because it's a twin-engine model. They both have Lycoming engines, however, just different types." You slowly blinked your eyes open, trying to figure out what your husband was talking about. "The Piper PA-34 Seneca is what daddy flew when he was in aviation school. It has a fixed pitch propeller on both engines, which burns less gas than a traditional prop plane."

Harvey was laying perpendicular to you across the bed, talking softly to your large baby bump. He held two model airplanes and was eagerly pointing out the details of one of them. "The Piper PA-34 Seneca is a great plane for students because its top speed is only five miles per hour more than its cruising speed, so beginners can't go too fast. But one time, daddy flew it at 235 miles per hour!"

You had officially woken up to the cutest thing you would ever see. Harvey obviously knew that the baby couldn't see the model planes or understand anything he was talking about, but that didn't stop him from bonding with his unborn child over his passion for aviation. "Okay, baby, I'll stop talking now and let you get some sleep." He softly kissed your stomach. "Plus, we don't want to wake mommy up. She needs to rest so you can grow into a healthy little boy."

He looked up at you to see that you were, in fact, already awake. "Oh, good morning, honey." He put his glasses back on and tried to hide the model airplanes under the blanket before you could see them. "How much of that were you awake for?"

"Enough of it to make me smile." You just chuckled and shook your head. "Grab your planes before they accidentally get broken."

"Oh, thank yoba." Harvey sighed relieved, taking them out from the comforter and walking to the other side of the room where he kept some of his favorite and most prized model airplanes on a shelf.

He watched contentedly as you tried to sit up, which was becoming a struggle at your size. "Do you do that often?" You asked him as he finished setting them back up.

"What?" He asked, walking back over to you.

"Talk to the baby." You watched him sit down on the edge of the bed and set his glasses down on his nightstand. "While I'm asleep."

"Sometimes." He admitted as he clambered back into bed next to you. "I don't feel like I have much time to bond with the baby when I go into the clinic. I missed you both so much yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to be here all day. Just ask Maru. I could tell she found it grating how much I talked about his sonograms and your cravings." He rubbed your now very round stomach affectionately.

"You know you can talk to the baby whenever you get home, right?" You cupped one of your hands around his face and let the other wrap around your belly. "I love listening to you talk to him."

"I know," He smiled, leaning into the embrace you were sharing. "But you're so tired after working on the farm and I don't want to wear you out more. I usually end up talking quietly to the baby in the mornings. Sleep is very important for an expectant mother, so I try not to wake you." He chuckled softly. "I obviously failed this morning."

"Trust me, Harv." You grinned happily as you thought about the memory. "That was the best thing to wake up to." You both looked down to your stomach as you thought about how amazing of a father Harvey will make. He quickly helped fix your shirt so it was covering your stomach again. "No, leave it." You smiled, pulling it back up so your husband could clearly see your baby bump again. "I don't mind, plus all my shirts are too tight now, anyways."

"That just means he's growing big and strong." Harvey wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you into him as best as he could with your protruding belly. He rested his hand on the top of your bump and rubbed it affectionately. "Only a couple more months until you can wear your normal clothes again, darling." He kissed your forehead, his mustache gently tickling your skin. "Now, let's go back to sleep, I insist. It's early, you and the baby need some rest. I talked his ear off about the Seneca this morning."