Chapter 19

^Idk why but I feel that this pic oozes out Alayna, what do you guys think?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

The contract had been presented before the lawyer and he acknowledged it with a knowing smile.

He had expected nothing less of the young woman that was sat before him.

She worked fast and efficient.

She knew what she wanted and she would get just that.

The needle of clock moved at a steady speed.

She clicked her pen at the same pace.

Everything was in place now, she was just thinking of her delivery.

She needed to ensure that it was perfect.

Everything needed to unfold naturally.

Her mind has been whirring for the last half an hour, there had been no detail she hadn't thought of.

And in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

She got up, storming her way out of her office and through the other side of the building.

It was quite bizarre that the two partners had their offices miles away from each other.

But nonetheless, Alayna left her stoic expression on her face.

She bunches the papers in her hand.

The thought, 'it needs to be perfectly convincing'.

She slammed the door open to find a startled Halima, sat up straight like a meerkat.

"Ye kya batameezi hai?" She shouted.

Alayna scoffed the absolute nerve of this woman, did she really think that she wouldn't be able to see right through her disgusting act.

"Explain to this to me", she threw all the statements on her desk.

Halima glanced at the papers, and then her eyes landed back upon me, "Does poor little Alayna not understand how statements work?"

"Did poor little Halima forget who has the upper hand?" She mocked back.

The look of utter surprise yet annoyance was one to behold.

There was glint in her eyes as well, one of acknowledgement.

She knew Alayna knew, but she didn't know how badly Alayna had set her up.

She was about to trip into an intricate trap that Alayna had built and would be unable to get out of it, ever.

Meanwhile, Alayna had grabbed her office phone and had ordered her PA to come into the office.