12th Note: The Last Will

Bring me back to life ~ Miles Away

Caralei Romano

Coming home to Montessoro making dinner will forever be one of my favorite moments I have with him. Just the thought of someone who would be there for you, cooking for you and showing you how much he cared, was something I never imagined that I would have. We were in my bed, cuddling while watching Violet Evergarden; an anime he wanted to watch for a while but hasn't had the chance. He was playing with my hair, fiddling it and then smoothing it out. I snuggled closer to him as I watched the girl's back story of losing the love of her life due to war.

"Will I ever live my life without you?" He suddenly asked, my attention at the TV now completely thrown out of the window. I looked up at him and his eyes were already on me. There was sadness in him I haven't seen in a while and I hugged him.

"What do you mean by that?" I whispered and he shifted from his position to get a better look at me. He was now leaning against the headboard and I slightly slid down and had my face resting on his stomach. The light from the television illuminated the worry he had and I let go of him so I could sit beside him. Facing him, I cupped his cheek and he kissed my wrist.

"You're worrying over nothing, Montessoro. You know I'm here for you." I replied and he sighed. I dropped my hand as he reached me, bringing me close to him with a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry. I suddenly have the thought. What if we both separate ways? What if you..." He looks at the girl who was crying her heart out from the pain of losing the guy she has been with.

"Montessoro. Look at me. I will never leave you. Well, unless we both agree then..." I felt him squeeze my waist gently at that.

"I never want to think about that. I don't want to ever see you in the distant future without me by your side. Is that selfish of me?" There was a look of concern in his eyes and I sighed at the sudden anxiety he was having because of what we were watching.

"Love can be both a selfish and a selfless thing. I am here, aren't I? And if you are selfish, then I am selfish too. I can't see myself without you now by my side. It's kinda funny." I blushed at the thought I had and he shifted again from his seat and cupped my cheek with his large hand.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Well, we kinda started by hating each other's guts and now here we are talking about not wanting to leave each other." I giggled. I heard him take a deep breath before he pulled me towards him and his lips were on mine in a flash. He held me there, one hand at my nape to hold me and the other on my waist, steadying me. I melted. I steadied myself from the brutal kiss we have. His kisses were hungry like he craved it badly from me and I did that too. I submitted to him wholly, putting my hands on his chest. Our ragged breaths can be heard even with the audio filling the room. His breaths were hot, full of hunger and desire.

"Damn but I fucking love you, Cara." He whispered before his lips began living pepper kisses to my jaw and down my neck.

"I love you too." I moaned out, not being able to contain the pleasure I felt as he sucked my skin on the base of my neck. My hands were putty on him, dancing through his shirtless state until I found the tangles of his curly hair. I heard him groan as I tugged on his hair. He rose from his sinful assault on my neck and came back to look at me. There was a certain vulnerability in his eyes.

"What? What is it?" I asked him softly, my fingers tracing patterns on his back. He moved closer to me until he made me lay down while he caged me with both of his hands resting on either side of my body. Slowly, I caressed his cheeks with both hands and he groaned before he kissed me again. This time, his kisses were gentle like he was scared that I would break if he pressed harder.