14th Note: His Oath

Henlo! Making this up to you with this long read. Listen to the song Lover's Oath from the game Genshin Impact. Enjoy!

Gabriel Montessoro

I held her hand, worried for her welfare. Her skin was pale even now that she has an IV attached to her. Her chest rose up and down while she laid down on the bed in the office clinic. It hurt to see her hurting and I felt helpless just looking at her unresponsive.

"Why isn't she waking up?" I asked the doctor who was silent beside me.

"Her body went into shock. I have contacted her doctor and have advised me to monitor her until he arrives." He replied while fiddling with the pen in his fingers.

"But she's going to be fine, right?" I heard Voj speak worriedly to the doctor.

"She will be." The doctor reassured him but I wasn't going to believe him until she actually woke up and got better.

"Dottore Hernan! Thank you for helping today." Dottore Leo barged in the room holding a small black bag.

"It's my duty, Dottore. No need to thank me." He smiled at the doctor and gave him the file he was holding. He whispered something to him and Dottore Leo nodded at him muttering, "I see. I see."

"Hello everyone. I am Signorina Caralei's physician. I'll be here to monitor and look after her from now on. Thanks again, Dottore Hernan." He introduced himself even when most of in the room know him already.

"Anytime. I'll get going now." Dottore Hernan excused himself before he went out of the room.

"Hmmm... She went into a state of shock. She's been like this before." He observed her, checking her.

"May I know the full story as to how she ended up here?" He asked everyone and we all looked at Voj since he was the one with her from the beginning. He cleared her throat and went beside the doctor, his attention going to Caralei then back to the doctor.

"I told her about her father's will. It involves a certain property she has inherited. She didn't take it well since her family basically hit it from her." He explained shortly without getting into too much detail because of its confidentiality.

"And that caused the shock?"

"Yes." We all replied in unison. He nodded at that and quietly took notes.

"She will be okay. Dottore Hernan has given her the medicines she needed. Now, all she has to do is rest and take it slow. I'll have to monitor her for a while so rest assured, you can go back to work." He advised and we all looked at each other. We know it's hard but we cannot avoid getting worried about her.

"Thank you, Doc. Can I stay?" I asked and he smiled before nodding.

"Of course, Signore."

"Well, we will leave then. Let us know if she wakes up or things change, okay?" Voj came to my side and patted me on the shoulder. I looked at him and there was a genuine care he had for her. I was grateful for him. He was and still is a good friend even when things have changed.

"I will. Thank you, Voj. Thank you, everyone." I wanted Caralei to wake up right there and then. I know she sometimes hides the fact that she's scared people will leave her but not with this kind of circle she is in. I could see it in their eyes. No one in this room will ever leave her behind. They excused themselves and quietly left the room leaving me with the doctor.

"Call me if she wakes up, okay? I'll be in my office." He advised.

"Wait. What do you mean your office? You have an office here?" I was confused. For all I know, he worked in the hospital and not here. He nodded.