4th Note: Tune the Strings

Gabriel Montessoro

Angels don't cry - Ellise

"Make her cry and I'll put your balls in a blender. You hear me?" Em's threatening voice made me stiff. She was smiling as she whispered those words beside me, her hand waving goodbye at Caralei who was oblivious to what was happening.

"Never." I replied and she hummed her reply before she went to Matt's arms and clutched him to her side sweetly.

"Thanks for the time, Caralei! Let's go on a trip next time, okay?" Percyla said and all of her friends agreed with a loud 'yes'. I guess we're going to hit the road soon for this trip, I thought to myself. I internally laughed imagining Emil, Em's brother, already complaining. That fucker needs a lovelife.

"Gabriel, prepare your jet, okay?" Percyla asked sweetly but her voice was laced with authority. This woman was as dangerous as the rest of her group. She looks sweet, acts like a princess but really, you don't want to mess with her or else she and her husband will hit you like a train and wreck you. I didn't want to get on her bad side.

"Yes, ma'am." I playfully replied and I heard the melodious chuckle of my girl. Caralei. She was standing beside me, waving her hand and telling them to drive safely as the sun set. She looked radiant with her long curly red hair flowing down to her chest and framing her pretty face.

"Great! I'll do the planning!" Matt clapped his hands excitedly and then tugged Em who was trying to signal me that she was watching me with her two fingers going back and forth to me and her eyes.

"Goodbye lovebirds! Don't build a nest too soon." Percyla winked at Caralei who made me laugh at how adorable and innocent she can be with her cheeks turning red.

"Oh my God! Stop!" She exclaimed.

"Okay. Okay. Let's go." The three of them gave their final goodbyes before shutting the door leaving us two in the living room, the house now filled with silence. We spent hours with them trying to catch up with Matt and Em occasionally trying to grill me with their questions about me and Caralei. However, that silence was finally broken the moment Caralei groaned beside me.

"What's wrong?" Her cheeks flushed into a darker shade of red before coming to me in a rush, a small groan coming out of her again as her body crashed into mine. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, my hand coming to stroke her soft hair.

"What's wrong?"

"My best friends can be really loud with their opinions." She whined and a rumble of laughter came out of me at how cute she was acting right now.

"They're your friends. They are like that."

"It was still good when it's Percyla we were teasing but, God, this is embarrassing!" She buried her face against my chest a little more, her face pressing against my chest. I kissed her head and pulled away. She pouted but her cheeks were still pink, blushing like a shy girl that she was.

"You're cute." I flicked her nose and she glared at me before covering her face with both of her hands.

"They are already joking about sex, for fuck's sake!" She cursed and I knew she was really embarrassed about it. I knew any second now, she might turn into a jumble of thoughts so I did what I wanted to do the moment I saw her earlier.

"Oh my God! What are you doing?!" She squealed as I took her in my arms and carried her bridal style.

"Carrying you to your bed."

"What? What for?" Her brows furrowed as she wrapped her hands around my neck and held tight.

"To build a nest." I replied, acting serious and I swear her reaction was priceless. She gasped, her eyes going wide before she started hitting my chest.