Najma held her father's hand. "I...I will pay your money Sir. Zupa," Mr. Khan spoke, his voice sounding unclear and hoarse.

"When old man? It has been five months now and you haven't showed up with my money,"

"Next month Sir, I will have your money next month I..."

Zupa snatched Mr. Khan by his neck as short cries left Najma's lips. "P...Please..." Mr. Khan struggled to speak, his grip on Najma's hand loosening.

People around the building passed glances not daring to interfere. They knew how dangerous Zupa was. They were dark rumours around him, including being a woman trafficker and being in the black-market business although it was never confirmed. He lived a few blocks and his apartment was always swamped with women, mostly daughters and wives of people that owed him.

"I don't have time for games old man, I want my money or let's make it easy I'll take your kidney,"

"Please! Don't," Najma cried, her hand holding Zupa's tensed arm. He shifted his eyes onto Najma.

"N...Naj..." her father struggled to speak.

"Please Sir, don't hurt my father." She pleaded in tears. "Please."

He loosened his hand on Mr. Khan's neck as he dropped down coughing continuously. She quickly knelt before him. "Papa!" hugging him as he held her tightly inside his arms.

"Won't you look at that, daughter begs mercy for her father, so emotional," Zupa spoke sarcastically as the two men laughed. He bent before both Najma and her father. "Listen up here old man, I'll take your daughter here since you can't pay me,"

Author's Note

What would u do if one of your parents or someone u cared for was in the similar situation as Mr. Khan?🤔

Would like to hear ur answers💚