The night arrived as we passed a pub, located in a place Tee, knew as the Dantion. There was even a gas station around. We were already running out of gas, so this was perfect. “I’ll pay for the gas,” Tee offered.

“No, it’s fin…”

“I insist, you are helping me to Shaville,”

“Fine,” I finally gave in.

He smiled shortly pulling out a few bank notes from his jeans, pushing the door open as I also walked out. I moved a few steps forward fastening my butt length brown coat, while I watched Tee speak to the young gas re-filler which he handed the few bank notes to. He then moved toward me.

“You see? all is taken care of,” standing near me.

“Thank you,” I said.

“You welcome Mrs. Cruz,” his eyes on the pub with neon lights. “Have you ever been in a pub?”

“When I was a teenager in Canon, yes,” I replied shyly.

He laughed. “Yeah right,”

“I was still young,” I defended myself.

“No need to explain I know, I too did a lot of thing I am not proud of when I was young,”

“Young? You are still young,”

“Twenty-four isn’t young hun,” turning to face me. My cheeks flushed in red. He had just called me hun. “So, I guess you’ve never been in Danton pub?”

“No, and I don’t think I want to ever be in a pub,” I replied.

“Come on, it’s fun here,” holding both my hands.

“No way,” I replied, sliding my hands off his grip.

“Come on Mrs. Cruz, it will be fun, you’ll enjoy yourself just trust me,”

Trust? He had just asked me to trust him. How did he ask so much of me? I hardly knew him for god sake.

“No, I can’t influence a kid to go to a pub, I don’t even let my children go to a pub, no Tee,”

“Well I’m old,”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah right,”

“I mean it,”

“But I’m still old to be your mother, I can’t be seen drinking with you,” I said moving to my car.

His hand held my wrist. “So, what? I don’t mind being seen with you in a pub, I think it’s pretty hot, plus let’s enjoy life while it still allows us,’

I stared at him, time seeming to stop. What was he doing to me? Why did my stomach feel funny?

“Come on, let’s go, one drink,”

“No, you go alone, I’m not going in there,” I said sliding my hand off his hand, I pulled the door open and walked inside.

His hands leaned on the open window beside me. “Fine, but if you change your mind I will be inside,”

“I’ll leave you here,” I said running my hands inside my hand bag which had been seated near my feet but now was on my lap.

“Give me five minutes,”

“If I remember,” I said pulling out the tray of muffin inside.

“Alright,” running up to the pub ahead.

I took out a deep breath. Why had I agreed to all this madness? He was being childish. I took out one of my muffins and ate it, my eyes on the pub. Strangely his words echoing in my head.

“So, what? I don’t mind being seen with you in a bar, I think it’s pretty hot, plus let’s enjoy life while it still allows us,’

“Argh Celina,” I said putting the muffin tray back inside the bag and walked out.

I found myself inside the crowded pub my eyes looking for Tee. There were mostly bikers inside. They passed glances at me as I moved deeper into the crowd, loud music filling my ears. The smell of nicotine and alcohol entered my nose. It had been long since I was around so many people especially in a pub filled with happy hearts.

I spotted Tee on the bar, drinking his beer, he saw me and waved at me. I moved toward him, “So you decided to come!” he yelled getting up.

“To get you! Let’s go!” I yelled back.

“What?” moving his ear toward me.

“I said! Let’s go!” I yelled.

The lights suddenly dimmed as a soft music began to play. He moved his ear and held my hand, pulling me to the dance floor. “Where are we going?” I asked.

“To dance,” he said, stopping. His hand held my hand while his other hand wrapped itself around my waist.

“No…”

“Come on Mrs. Cruz, one dance,” gently pulling me closer to him, his eyes on my eyes. I stopped resisting, my eyes on his face which closely resembled my husband in his young age. Everyone started dancing. He gently started moving. “Come on,” he whispered.

I nodded following his rhythm, which was following the song that was playing.  I felt young, back when I was twenty, with my husband who was still my boyfriend.