Chapter 9

Jennette's relationship with Ijekiel stayed the same in front of everyone else but deep down there were always hidden feelings of resentment. She has a talent of getting over things pretty quickly while he was still stuck in the past. Ijekiel feels jealous whenever he sees Lucas or Athy. But he did wish them happiness. Why couldn't he just let it go? He wishes the strong feelings of his would be directed elsewhere, and so he directed it onto work. Being 3 years older than his friends, he was at his final year. Everyday Ijekiel drowns himself with assignments, projects and activities in attempt to forget the pains of the past. It was working well than he expected.

Painting did wonders to her soul. Jennette loves how art can be in many forms. If she is feeling down, she would pick up a paintbrush to draw or start sculpting figurines. She wasn't like Ijekiel, she moved on pretty fast. There was no use chasing on someone who won't respond after she used all her energy and teen years on it. Jennette had a better mind than the white haired boy.

Jennette didn't even need to ring the doorbell when she arrived at Athy's home. She saunters in like she owns the place, waving to evey passing servant. This behaviour wasn't much appreciated by Claude. Although he's grown used to it.

"Hey Uncle!! Thanks for having me here again. I'm going up!" Jennette said to Claude, who was reading the newspaper, while running up the stairs. She knocked on Athy's door, waiting for an answer. After a while, her cousin opened the door.

"Morning Athy! You promised you will accompany me to the art fair today." Jennette said.

"Mmmh. Jennette I'm so sleepy....." Athy pulled her blanket over her face. Jennette pulled the blanket away and drop it on the floor, exposing Athy in her pajamas.

"You have already wasted my time by being here and not the dorms! I don't like confronting that cranky dad of yours as much as he hates me." Jennette expressed her annoyance.

Athy sat upright, stretching her arms. "Yawn... Sorry, Jetty. I forgot to tell you mom made me stay over."

"Well hurry up!!" She shouted.

Athy washed up and had a light breakfast while Jennette waited in the car. No way was she gonna stay in the same room as Claude.

........

Art supplies are expensive and artist tend to buy more than they need because they can't control themselves, resulting in an empty wallet. Luckily Jennette is rich so she doesn't need to worry about that. Her basket was full but she was still browsing through every product available while humming her favourite song.

Her cousin was also holding a basket of her own. Athy wanted to buy gifts for her roommate. Though, her basket was also mostly filled with Jennette's things.

"Should I get another basket?" Athy asked sarcastically. Jennette rolled her eyes and drop three large brushes into Athy's basket, in which made her groan.

"Seriously, aren't these enough?" Athy said.

"I'm buying them for the festival. Us art majors are busy with every decoration there is. And we need supplies." Jennette replied. "Hey, didn't you say you wanted to buy Adelaide stationary? There's a whole aisle dedicated to coloured pens only and highlighters adjacent right over there. I've seen her notes. She definitely needs one or ten."

Athy immediately went to check it out. Finally, Jennette thought, no more nagging.

"Hey." A deep voice called to her. She turned around to see a tall intimidating guy looking straight at her. He had black hair and purple coloured tips. His ears has at least three piercings on each side. His fashion just screams goth punk.

"Yes?" Jennette stuttered slightly.

"Where's the vermilion paint."

"It's this one." Jennette took the paint from the shelf and gave it to him.
"Thanks." He said. Instead of leaving right away, he stayed and stared.
"Is there anything wrong?" Jennette raised an eyebrow.

"I need help. I don't have my glasses. Can't tell which is which."

"What?"

"Please help me find all the colours on this list." He gave Jennette his phone with a snapshot of the list.

"Umm, sure." Jennette read the list out loud. It didn't seem like entirely weird names. Just common ones people always hear about.
"It's actually easy to find these. Their common colours, so everyone should know. Or at least everyone can tell the base colour at least. For example vermilion is kinda like red. The paints here are organized based on colour. Not that hard, see?" Jennette explained to the guy.

"I'm colour blind."

"Oh. Sorry. I'll be quick." Jennette really wanted this interaction to be over. Damnit why did he ask for her help?? And is this list so goddamn long? She sighed but helped the goth guy anyway.

She gave the basket to him and quickly ran away. Whatever, she didn't care if she was being rude or anything. She slightly regret leaving Athy's side. Only slightly.
Jennette caught up with her cousin, waiting for her to be done. They paid and went back to the dorms carrying heavy bags of art supplies.

Jennette prayed she wouldn't meet the weird goth guy ever again. Save her from awkwardness.

........

Athy presented a 15 pack of coloured pens to Adelaide. It was her favourite brand too. Athy looked so proud that her roommate couldn't help but laugh so much.

Meanwhile, Jennette headed straight to the art department. Her classmates had arrived earlier. And off to work they went. Drawing, painting, cutting and repeat.