Chapter 13

After the incident with Eddie, the other guest began to leave slowly. Sophie tugged on Lucas's sleeve before he left too. He turned around and asked what's wrong.

"I'm sorry for calling you my brother so carelessly. I know you don't actually want to be in this family. I'll be careful next time." She stuttered.

Lucas stroked the girl's hair. "You don't need to apologise. It'd be an honour to have a smart, cute and witty person like you as my sister. Besides, I have always wanted to have a younger sibling. My adoptive older sister nags all the time, argh." He said sincerely. The last part was a joke. Sophie's droopy eyes brightened in less than one second.

He could tell she wants to spend time with a real family considering her father is an asshole so he invited her to his university festival. "The festival is right around the corner. You can come with Grandma Jane, or my adoptive family can take care of you too."

"Can I do both? I mean, if Grandma Jane says yes can I still meet your family?" Sophie asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course. They would be so happy to meet you." Lucas ruffled her hair.

....................................................................

Exams were almost over but Athy still hasn't properly seen Lucas. She knows that he said he's busy with family problems but she's starting to miss him very much.

Jennette can't stand looking at her cousin like that. Sure she was on exam mode but the moment it's over, she's gonna be all gloomy and depressed. Jennette is not going to let that happen. She will do her best to not make Athy gloomy.

"Hey. Everyone's exams finish this week. Wanna go karaoke Friday night?" Jennette asked everyone on the lunch table.

"I'm in!" Penny said immediately.
"Me too." Said Helena.

Athy was as usual dragged by her cousin who is very annoyed by her gloomy behaviour.

"Come on, we are finally free from the struggles of exams! Loosen up! Then next week we're gonna be busy with the festival. Pleaseee. Do it for meeeee!" Jennette scolded Athy. She probably had a bit too much to drink.

Athy laughed. "Fine fine."

Helena handed her the microphone while she chose a song. Originally she wanted to sing once quickly and continue her sour mood but seeing her friends hyping her up, she couldn't help but get excited.

The girls had a whole disco party in the karaoke room. Good thing the walls are sound proof. When their rented time was almost up, Athy pulled out her dad's credit card and continue the party the whole night. Singing, dancing and eating a ton of snacks.

When it was time to go home, Athy drove to Lucas's place instead. She was missing him so much. She went to his apartment floor, punching in the key code and entering like it was her house. She spends so much time there that it could be true.

However, Lucas was not home. She sighed, she couldn't even contact him. Athy opened the fridge to see most of the food were expired and decided to do a clean up. She threw out all the trash, mop the floors and washed dishes. For a spoiled rich girl who grew up with maids, she did a fine job at cleaning.

Athy let out a deep breath after she was finished. She turned on the TV and sat on the sofa. Her eyelids felt heavier every second, eventually closing completely, falling to sleep.

....................................................................

Waking up on a bed confused her. She remembered sleeping on the sofa, not here. What's more confusing is her boyfriend sleeping beside her, arm over her shoulders.

Athy brushed her fingers on his face, pulling away the strands of hair poking his eyes. She wondered if it was a dream or reality. Lucas's eyes fluttered open. She was surprised so she screamed.

"You're being too loud in the morning." He said.

"W-what... Y-you??"

"What am I doing here? It's my house." Lucas gave an innocent look .

Athy wanted to say something but Lucas cut her off by hugging her close. Her face was like a tomato, pressed against his broad chest. Snuggling doesn't sound like a bad idea, she thought. Athy gave in to temptations, squeezing her boyfriend.

....................................................................

"How long did you not go home?" Athy asked while they eat breakfast.

"Around 2 weeks at least." Lucas answered. "Thanks for cleaning up."

"Where were you?"

"I found my biological family. I was with them. Apparently I'm the heir of some rich ass company or something. But god the relatives are fucking annoying. Well most of them. Some are really nice, supporting me."

"You found your parents?" Athy asked, very hopeful that the answer was yes.

However Lucas's face gloomed. "Unfortunately my parents died in a car accident. See that's the thing. Me and my grandma, we suspect that there's something else behind that accident. I was taken from the car after it crashed, that's how I was in the orphanage and nobody knows where I'm from."

"That's horrible! Any clues?"

"My apparently evil uncle is the main suspect, he's been eyeing the money but he's not really in line for it."

"You sound lonely there......"

Lucas chuckled and held Athy's hand. "Don't worry I'm not. My grandma showers me with love and I have a cousin who I treat as a little sister. She's cute and smart. I still have my adoptive family. And most of all I have you."

Athy smiled and blushed. She's glad he still remembers he has a girlfriend!

"You didn't forget about the festival right? Promise you'll see me perform"

"Yeah yeah I didn't forget and I promise!"
....................................................................

When Athy said she wanted to leave, Lucas prohibited her.

"We haven't seen each other for more than two weeks. Stay for one more night, please?" He pleaded.

Athy sighed and agreed. How can she say no to that face?
They played video games all day while catching up on each others' lives. For lunch and dinner they ordered food online. Luckily she has extra clothes in his house so she showered and changed there, didn't need to go home.

In the end, they settled on the sofa, she was leaning on his shoulder watching a movie.

"I really missed you." Lucas suddenly said.

"Hmph. You are the one who never texted me first." She pouted.

"Should I make it up to you?" He smirked, turning off the TV.

"Um, what are you doing?" She asked.
"This." Lucas crashed his lips onto hers. He pulled her closer, hugging her waist. He was gentle at first but became more aggressive. He wanted to savour every part of her before he leaves to settle the family problem.

"Open your mouth Athanasia." He commanded. He used her full name, how can she resist. Lucas suck her bottom lip, deepening the kiss. She climbed on top of his lap.

Athy stayed over another night. And let's just say she woke up very late....

....................................................................