Chapter 3 - Tartus' choice

Back to the Great Stadium.

The arena gets louder. After seeing Eiden's power, they now understand how he was able to become a general with only 17.

"How amazing!!"

"He is an angel!!"

"It's so incredible!!!"

Everyone was impressed;  they could not take their eyes off Eiden.

Eiden's power is much different from Rina's and Gale's. It was something unique. When using his ability, Eiden's clothes change to a golden armor. It is much brighter and more magnificent than a standard gold armor. Eiden's armor would be impossible to recreate with the metals presented in this world. Eiden also materializes a sword that looks to be made from the same metal as the armor.

All of the people watching, even not fully understanding Eiden's ability, knew that it was something incredible.

 King Willian explains Eiden's power to everyone.

"Eiden has a very peculiar power. His aura works differently than one of normal people. Instead of being able to conjure or manipulate elements from our world, like plants or lightning. Eiden can summon armor and weapons from somewhere else."

The entire arena gets confused after hearing that from Willian.

"What I mean by that is. Not even I understand it very well. But both Eiden's armor and sword are made from metals of another world. Incredible, isn't it!?"

"Wow, amazing."

"I never have heard of something like that before."

Says the people on the bleachers.

Hmm. That sure is interesting. So that boy has summoning powers. He is a rare type. Thinks Tartus.

"So Tartus, now that every general showed off their abilities. You can choose now one of the three to become your apprentice. Who is going to be!?"

The arena gets visibly excited.

"Well, all of you have amazing powers. You are all great."

While talking, Tartus starts thinking to himself.

Especially Eiden, with his power, he can become highly mighty. But...

"I will choose..."

It is not like I am here for this reason anyways.

"No one."

The entire Stadium stays absolutely quiet for a couple of seconds.

Willian is the first one to speak.

"No one? What do you mean?" Asks Willian nervously.

"Well, I just don't think I would be of any help to any of them. They are already too powerful."

Everyone gets confused, and people start whispering to each other.

Willian approach Tartus and whispers to him.

"Can we talk outside?"

"Sure."

"Hey, you." Says Willian to his advisor.

"Make the people get entertained again. When you think that they forgot about Tartus, end the presentation."

"How am I going to do that?" Asks the advisor nervously.

"I don't know, tell the generals to showcase more of their abilities or make the governors talk about their new proposals for the next year. Do whatever you like, but the people can't leave here disappointed."