Chapter 9 - The tournament of Erex begins

The day of the tournament finally begins. The Great Stadium is opened, and crowds of people keep entering the Stadium. 

Tartus and Zack are waiting outside. The contest is about to start but still no sign of Akin.

"Where is he? The time is almost up." Says Zack worried.

Zack and Tartus see someone running really fast in their direction.

"Wait! I'm coming!!"

It was Akin. After some seconds, Akin arrives at the Great Stadium.

"You're almost late! What were you doing?" Asks Zack.

"I just lost track of time. But I'm here now and ready to win!" 

Akin approaches Tartus

"Tartus, I did. I executed the fireball!"

"Yeah, Zack told me. But honestly, this tournament will be hard even with your new ability. The contestants are powerful."

"No matter who comes, I will beat them. By the way, where are the other contestants?"

"They are inside already! As I said, you're almost late!" Says Zack.

"Is that so? Then let's enter!"

Akin starts walking towards the entrance of the Great Stadium.

"Not there." Says Tartus.

"What do you mean? That's the entrance."

"King Willian built a new room for the contestants and their companions."

"Really? Where?"

"Behind the Stadium, just follow me."

"Then I hope you win, Akin good luck!" Says Zack and starts walking towards the regular entrance.

"What do you mean? Aren't you coming to this special room with us?" Says Akin.

"Huh? Can I?"

"Sure, come as my companion!"

"Thank you!" Says Zack excitedly.

Akin and Zack start following Tartus to the entrance of the new room.

"Hey, Tartus, why are you wearing like this?" Asks Akin.

Instead of wearing his dark cape, Tartus is wearing a long hooded brown cape, with the hood covering most of his face. From a distance, no one would recognize him.

"I don't want to bring attention. It's better if people don't know I'm here."

"I see. Being famous is hard, isn't it?" Says Akin, laughing.

Akin, Zack, and Tartus get to the entrance. Several guards are protecting it, much more than the regular entrance. The new room Willian built stays below the normal benchers and is close to the Stadium, where the fights occur. It has multiple rooms for the contestants to rest and prepare for the next battle. There are also some seats and a glass wall where the fights can be seen. 

"So, who are you?" Asks one of the guards at the entrance.

"I'm Akin, a contestant. Those two are my companions." Says Akin, pointing to Tartus and Zack.

"Akin, let me see."

The guard tries to find Akin's name in the list of competitors.

"Found it. Ok, you can enter. Your preparation room is the number 3."

"What's a preparation room?"

"Each contestant will have their own room to rest. Your's is the number 3."