Chapter 4 - The eyes of a beast

After some time, since Akin left the Great Stadium.

Akin is on his way back to the orphanage. While walking, he has been thinking about what he will do since he can't enter the knight academy. The orphanage only is responsible for the children until the age of 12. In Erex, at 12, the children become responsible for themselves. They can enter academies, like the knight academy, where they will live there for a while or become an apprentice. Becoming an apprentice means that one will live with someone for a time and learn this person's job. After the apprenticeship, you can do the job you were learning and make money yourself.

Of course, every 12-year-old kid doesn't need to get a place to stay. But since an orphanage needs to always take care of new children, they can not let anyone stay there after becoming 12.

Akin thinks repeatedly, but he can't decide what he will do. It is not like he doesn't have any abilities. It is that still, even though he knows it is impossible, deep in his mind, he wants to become a knight; he still wants to get stronger like his brother.

"I can't decide on anything. But if I don't, I will just get expelled from the orphanage and will have nowhere else to stay. Damm, if I was just born a little luckier, I would get stronger than all of them, even more than Eiden and that Tartus dude."

Akin stops and looks at the ground with an irritated face.

"I guess it can't be helped. It's just impossible."

After saying that, Akin hears a noise from inside one of the nearby houses. A noise of something breaking. Suddenly someone gets out of the house with a bag and starts running.

"Huh? What is that?"

Akin looks around and realizes that the house that guy got out of has a broken window. Some of the other nearby homes also have broken windows.

He is a thief. Realizes Akin.

All the knights are probably on the Great Stadium, so no one will stop him. He can assault as many houses as he wants. I wish I could do something, but I'm not strong enough. I can't do anything. Thinks Akin.

Akin starts walking again. After some steps, he stops and looks at the thief. If he ran now, it was still possible to reach him.

Akin stays still and thinks.

"Whatever. Screw this!"

Akin starts running after the thief.

"Hey, stop!"

Huh? Is there a knight here? Thinks the thief worried.

The thief looks behind to see who is after him.

"What? A kid?"

The thief stops running and waits for Akin to reach him.

"You! You're a thief, right!? Put the bag down!"

"Hahaha! I thought a knight was chasing me for a moment, but it was just a kid. And you want me to put the bag down? What are you gonna do to stop me, hahaha!"

Akin looks at him angrily; he closes his fists and goes for an attack. Akin tries to punch, but the thief easily holds his arm and punches Akin's back.

Akin falls to the ground.

"Did you actually just try to hit me? You got guts, but you're too weak. And it's not only the fact that you're a kid. Even for your age, you're too weak."

The thief puts his hands in his jacket's pocket and gets a knife.

"I'm gonna teach you a lesson, kid. You should respect the older."