Gregory wants to sleep

Freddy had taken Gregory back to his room, the closed curtains and small sofa made a perfect hide out and bed for the little boy who had craved rest.

The animatronic lay the boy gently on the sofa amd covered him up in even more blankets.
The responsibility was so large on the bear. The heap of metal couldn't help but want to help the child.

Was this a response to his programming? Or was it something else? The bear knew a lot but just how much did he know. Its as if the metal was sentient, as if it was alive and breathing.

Had he been? Maybe once. He remembered hearing things before. Things around him. Kids that had been murdered. Kids that had gone missing in the Pizza plex, as well as some older chains.

Had Freddy been one of them? Had he just been a wondering soul in a metal body?

That would explain the responsibility he felt of care towards the boy. He took a look at his metal hands and saw his face faintly shine across the scratches that they harboured. Would Gregory know? Did Gregory know about the kids that went missing?

The animatronic looked towards the child, "Gregory-".

He stopped. The boy was asleep. There's no way he'd answer the metal body any time soon.
Freddy walked to his mirror and watched himself. Thinking, pinning and creating explenations. He didnt know the truth, but he craved it.

He had to know.

Was this what it was like to feel human?