In Memory Of....

Well, I hope you enjoyed this tale. It was definitely fun to write. But now that I am finished writing it, I must address the exact person this story is in dedication to and in memory of.

This story, as I mentioned, is dedicated to all of my friends I have met along the way. But every story is in memory of a certain special someone. A special someone who has paved the way for me and deserves a place in my heart.

This book is in memory of my great aunt Brenda Hand who is no longer with us.

Aunt Brenda, or as my family has always called her, Aunt Turtle, was a very kind person. She had a love for God and a love for her family. Being my grandma's sister, they lived in the same house.

My aunt and me amshared similar tastes in music and movies so it deeply burdens me that I may or may not ever see her again. Me and her would sit down in the living room and watch stuff like Svengoolie, Star Wars, and America's Got Talent together. I always enjoyed sitting and just talking. To hear stories of her school days and about her young adult life was always entertaining.

She has two sons named Terry and Philip. I remember a prank she pulled on me when I was younger that involved Terry. Perhaps he was in it or not, I might not ever know. But she was talking to him on the phone. She comes to me and tells me that she is on the phone with Mr. T and I freak out thinking it is the one and only Mr. T from Rocky 3 and The A Team. Clubber Lang anyone?

When I spoke to Terry on the phone he seemed confused. Perhaps he was. That was just the type of woman she was.

Thinking back on all these memories makes me happy. I'm sad but I'm not crying. I've already done my fair share at the funeral. I know she is in a better place and that makes me smile. She is with the person she loved the most...God.

I will miss her a lot, obviously, and the world will most definitley be different without her around. Hell, it already feels strange as I'm typing this out. I just got my class ring a couple months ago and it hurts me that I'll never get to show it to her. That is a burden I will learn to have to face on my own.

We might have lost a pure soul but Heaven just won another angel. Rest in Peace Aunt Turtle aka the true Black Sabbath fan!