Chapter One - Alarm

"Babe? Wake up! You're gonna be late!"

"Huh?" I open my eyes and even give them a rub or two to fixate on what I'm waking up to.

"Angelica, get up!" I see Daniel say annoyed, still in his pjs and 'dad' socks.

"Oh my god! What time is it?" I panicked as I quickly scrambled out of bed.

"7:40" He said.

"I have to be there in 20 minutes! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I raise my voice as I rush to the bathroom and start brushing my teeth.

"I'm your boyfriend, not your alarm clock." He says smirking, clearly impressed with his smart ass comment.

I role my eyes as I spit out the used toothpaste in my mouth.

"Also I did try to get you up earlier... multiple times. You kept on saying 'Just 5 more minutes.'" He mocked; hell, he even did a really good impression of me.

Daniel walks off and, I assume, to make breakfast. I'm left by myself to get ready.

I send my mouthwash down the drain and spray some light dry conditioner to freshen my hair up. I put on my deodorant and quickly find an appropriate outfit for my first day of work.

After slipping my heels on and spraying a few sprits of perfume, I make my way to the kitchen. I was greeted with a kiss on the head by Daniel and a plate of scrambled eggs and a handful of blueberries.

"Thanks babe." I tell him.

I turn towards the kitchen island and place my plate on it. I look down to see my favorite person on this planet.

"Hi Mommy!" Violet says, hugging my legs.

"Good morning baby." I say, bending down to give her a peck on the forehead. "Did you sleep good?"

"Yes Mommy. I had no scary dream!" My daughter says, throwing her hands in the air excitedly.

"That's great baby!" I give back the same excitement as she did.

Once she turned four, she's been having nightmares over literally anything. It can range from a little spider crawling on her to her being kidnapped by a strange man. I've tried taking her to the doctor and every time they say they have no idea what the cause is.

As Violet, Daniel, and I sit and eat our breakfast, I can't help but feel excited for my new job at Styles Enterprises. Last week, I was able to go in and find my way through the enormous building and speak to a couple of supervisors about my position in the company. I'll be the new social media manager!

It's one of those jobs that my dad would say that it's not a real occupation but in this generation, social media is a huge part of our everyday life and it's super important for a company to have a good presence online.

I kiss my daughter and Daniel goodbye, grab my bag, and rush out the door.

"Shit, it's 7:52." I curse myself as I pull out the driveway.

After speeding down the highway, I finally made it to the office. I quickly put my car in park and move my feet as fast as I can to the front door. As I reach for the handle, I see a hand covered with beautiful rings tug on the door handle.

"Thank y-" I said but was quickly interrupted.

"Hurry up, love." The man says bluntly with a rich deep voice.

———————————————————
HI LOVIES<3
HOW DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER?!

it was super fun to write and i was giggling the entire time making this:)

ALSO WHO WAS THE CUTIE WE JUST MET AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER?!?

i guess you'll just have to find out next time on...

ONLY ANGEL