Chapter Five - "Call Me Harry"

"Yes." I didn't think about before I blurted out my answer. There is just something about him that makes me want more, and I hate that about him.

He seems taken aback from the lack of time it took for me to respond to his question, and pushes his hand out for me to take. I follow him out to his car and get in. I still find the lack of personality in his car eerie, and wish that he would give me something to know about him. Why do I want to know more about him so badly?

For a little while now, things with Daniel and I have been rocky. Financial stress and a kid is definitely not the best way to keep a relationship alive. I really just don't think I want Harry like that. I won't lie to you and say he isn't handsome because that wouldn't be true. Even if I did find Harry attractive, it's not like I would have a shot with him. He's my boss, for god sake. Get it together Angelica.

My train of thought was cut short by the sound of Harry putting the keys in his car and turning it on.
The sound of the radio abruptly playing startles me. Oh my god... He's been listening to "Lucky" by Britney Spears.

"And they say she's so lucky, she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night?"

As soon as he hears the song and realizes he's not in the car alone, his eyes widen and he quickly hits the off button of his radio.

We make eye contact and I let out a giggle to relieve some of this awkward tension that has built up. I see blush spread across his cheeks and finally acts like an actual human being. He was beautiful. It was kind of hard to believe since the entire time I've met him, he's been the most calculating robot I've ever met.

"Didn't take you for much of a Britney fan?" I laughed out.

"I'm sure I have a lot of things that would surprise you." He side eyed me as he chuckles under his breath.

The car turns silent as I think of everything that could mean. I'm sure I'm just overthinking it. Why am I overthinking it anyways?

"So what else do you listen to?" I turn my head to ask him.

I feel like someone's music taste really says a lot about them. I'm hoping this will somehow crack the code on the Harry Styles that I know.

"Well usually I don't listen to Britney Spears first thing in the morning, but my mum and I used to scream it in the car when I was growing up. It makes me feel closer to her." He says quietly, gripping the steering wheel, clearly not being used to talking so openly.

"Oh I'm sorry for you loss." I pipe up from my train of thought.

"She hasn't died. She's sick back in England."

"That's terrible, Mr. Styles." I say quietly, not sure what else to say.

"Call me Harry." He says while taking his eyes of the road to look into mine.

I smile, looking down at mine lap as the simplicity of our conversation sits in my mind. It was nice to finally talk to someone who wasn't my family member. Not saying that I don't appreciate them, I do. I love them with my entire being but sometimes I just need a break from life and relax in the moment; to take a breath in and be comforted by the silence of a usually chaotic day.

We pull up to the parking lot and Harry's car comes to stop. Taking his keys out of the ignition, he puts them in his front pocket. Before I can get out of the car on my own, he comes over to my side and opens the door to my surprise. I look up to him smiling and saying, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, love. Come on, let's get to work."

—————————
WE FINALLY GOT HARRY TO OPEN UP A LITTLE BIT?!? LETS GOOOOO
FR NOT READY FOR NEXT CHAPTER💔

—————————WE FINALLY GOT HARRY TO OPEN UP A LITTLE BIT?!? LETS GOOOOOFR NOT READY FOR NEXT CHAPTER💔

see you next time on

*DRUM SOUNDS*

Only Angel