Chapter Three - The Ride Home

"Oh hi, I'm Angelica Harper." I didn't know I could feel a hundred emotions in one sec but here we are.

"I know." He says calmly with a perfect british accent that just rolls of his tongue.

After greeting the other people in the room and talking more about the company, Mr. Styles says something unexpected.

"Hazel, will you please show my guests out? I want to talk to Miss Harper. Alone."

He wants to talk to me alone? Am I gonna get fired already? Come on man it's my first day here!

Hazel opens the door and leads the other people out of the office. After closing the door, Harry goes to sit down by his luxurious desk.

"So do you always ask to see your employees alone?" I question.

"No, they're usually not my type." He smirks while he gestures me to sit down across from him.

"Wha-" I tried to question but I got immediately cut off.

"So Angelica, what made you want to work here?" He questions.

"Well I've only heard great things about what you're doing here." I answer back.

"That's not what I asked, love." He retorts.

"What do you mean?"

"What made you want to work here? Be honest." He asks again. This is the first time I feel like he's being sincere.

He actually listened to my ideas and thoughts and surprisingly we kept up the conversation for a while. Half an hour or maybe even more?

After we finished talking, He walked me back to my office and I got back to work until the end of the day. Time passed by quickly and finally it was time for me to go back home.

I make my way downstairs and say goodbye to Hazel. Heading out the doors, I fiddle around in my purse to find my car keys. After finally finding the little devils, I open my car and get in.

"Damn it's hot." I say out loud.

New York summers are just as tough as any other and I need the air on right now.

I put the keys in to turn on my car and... nothing. Absolutely nothing happened. Why is my car not starting?

I try again and still nothing. What am I gonna do? I don't have any money to get this fixed. Maybe Daniel will know what to do?

I get out of the car because even being outside felt better than being in the hellhole of a car. I pull out my phone and dial Daniel's number.

"Do you need any help, love?" I hear in a familiar british voice.

"Hello?" Daniel picks up.

"Hold on babe I'm gonna have to call you back." I respond and hang up.

"Um yeah... my car won't start." I tell Harry, "Do you know how to fix it?"

"No but I can give you a lift home."

"Oh I couldn't ask you to do tha-"

"I wasn't asking, Angelica." He says.

I really appreciate the offer but for the love of God, please stop interrupting me. Like it's hot in books but not in real life...

"Follow me." He states

I can't seem to find the energy to argue about this. It's way too hot to fight about this. I just want to go home and go to bed, if I'm being completely honest.

He unlocks his shiny, black, luxurious car that looks like he bought it yesterday. I have no idea what I would do if I had the kind of money he has. I definitely wouldn't have a job; I probably would never leave my house.

I look to see no personality in this car whatsoever. It's like a robot drives this. Maybe a robot does drive it? I see no empty water bottles or his favorite cds like in my car. I wonder what a man like him listens to. Classical? Or maybe he could surprise me with liking Taylor Swift or something. All day has been surprises with him.

The car ride is silent with the occasional glance between us. It's not as awkward as I thought it would be. I feel safe. I know he's not gonna hurt me, well at least I hope not.

I know I should have called Daniel to come pick me up. He wouldn't have minded leaving work a little early to take me home. I know he definitely won't like the idea of me driving with a stranger. That this stranger will now know my address. Where I live, where our daughter lives.

Okay so I didn't really think this through. I'm sure I'm just overthinking. I'm sure nothing will happen. I just need to calm down. Like he's just my boss. He's not an axe murderer. Just breathe.

We finally pull up in the driveway to see both Violet and Daniel playing in the yard. They both having bubble wands in their hands and laughing up a storm. I'm not sure I got rid of the anxious feeling, but seeing both of them having fun helps a lot with nerves.

I look over to see Harry trying to put on a straight face but I can see the glimpse of shook in his eyes while seeing my daughter.

"Is she yours?" He says while looking over at me. I nod while giving a tiny smile.

"Thank you for giving me a ride home." I start unbuckling my seat beat and open the door.

"Here's my number. Call me if you ever need anymore help." He says while pulling out a business card and handing it to me.

If I'm being completely honest, I didn't really know how to respond. I don't know if it's from surprise or excitement, but I take the card and close the door.

As I see him drive away, He reaches his hand over and turns on the radio. Maybe next time I can find out what he listens to.

—————————————

OMG HARRY DROVE US HOME?!?! AND HE FOUND OUT ABOUT VIOLET?!? AND DANIEL TOO?!?

see you next time on

*DRUM SOUNDS*

Only Angel