~ Chapter Four : Classification System ~

Honey colored sunlight seeped into the room, showing that morning had arrived. I stretched in my bed, getting up to start another stressful day. Grabbing my uniform, I went to change as I pondered about last night. Tea, an ordered apology, and some sarcastic jokes. But was he truly sorry for almost choking me to death? Shaking my head, I slipped on my shoes and headed out to the Nurse's office. Emmeline greeted me with some fresh milk and bread for breakfast before we began to get to work. Just as I walked to go check on Hange, I saw her stirring in her cot. 

" I'm glad to see you're awake. " I smiled at her as she sat up. 

" Where am I?- " She asked frantically. I laid her back down. 

" Relax. You're in the Nursing Office. I promise, you're in good care. " I offered her pain medication. She took it, noticing her broken limbs. 

" God, did I really get squeezed that tight?! " She laughed. 

" I'm afraid so. You should be better in a couple of months though. " I reassured her.

" A couple of months?! Is there anything to do here? " She whined. 

" I'll tell the Captain to bring you something, since I was told to report your condition to him. I'll go get someone to watch over you while I go and notify him that you've woken up. " I smiled, walking off to go get Emmeline. After I settled her and Hange, I left to go and report to the Captain. Trying my best to remember where he had led me the night before, I walked up to the wooden door and knocked lightly. 

" Come in. " He yelled. I opened the door, relieved to have found him in one shot. " What is it? " He glared at me. 

" I came to let you know that the Section Commander has woken up. She's wide awake, and has requested something to distract her until she heals for the time being. " I laughed. 

" That sounds like her. I'll be there soon, I have to go get the soldier that wanted to see her. " He sighed, getting up. We walked out and parted ways.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Entering the office, I saw Emmeline helping Hange put on her glasses. 

" Thanks, Emme. I'll take it from here. " I patted Emmeline in the back as she got up. 

" Are things coming? " Hange asked expectantly. 

" I think so. " I giggled as she sat back. Not long after, the door opened, the captain and the same brown haired man from yesterday entering the room. 

" Section Commander! " Moblit yelled, rushing to her side. 

" I'm fine! " Hange exclaimed as I helped the captain set down a stack of books and papers on the nightstand next to her. 

" . . .Could we have a moment? " Moblit asked us. I nodded, grabbing the captain by the sleeve and dragging him out of the office. He shook in protest as I pulled him out of the room. 

" What was that for?! " He jerked his arm away. 

" They needed privacy, and I'm more than positive you wouldn't have given it. " I crossed my arms. He gave me a displeased look. 

" God. You would think a reserved woman like you would be much more respectful. " I pinched his arm in the same spot I had dragged him by. " HEY! " He yelped. 

" You need to learn some respect yourself, Captain. " I scoffed. A long, awkward pause followed my comment. After watching him rub his arm for a while, I noticed that he gazed at me for a moment. 

" . . .I've never caught your name. " He said. 

" Tiffany. Tiffany Le'Varge. " I replied, making him nod slowly.