~ Chapter Nine : Reversed Outcome ~

I walked into the clinic, Emmeline and Hange looking expectantly to the door.

" Tiffany! " They both yelled, beckoning me over to them.

" How'd it go?! " Hange asked excitedly as I sat down.

" It went really well, actually! " I responded.

" Tell us all about it! " Hange smiled as I tidied up the skirt of my uniform.

" Well. . .It went by so fast, and they seemed to like my idea! " I exclaimed.

" What did they say?! Did they compliment you?! " Hange asked enthusiastically.

" Yes, actually! They complimented the idea and the Captain's organization skills. It was a win-win for both of us! " I smiled as her eyes sparkled, eager to hear more. " When they called us in, I gave them a basic summary and told them how I think it would help out us nurses here. They looked over the files on the system and told me it was a great idea! " I said, remembering how we were received. I definitely wasn't going to tell them that Mrs. Colleen had mistaken the Captain and I for a married couple. . .how embarrassing that was.

" That's great!! I'm sure your system will be up and running in no time! " Hange smiled.

" I'm glad it went well. You were so stressed over it, so it's nice to see you back in your relaxed self. " Emmeline patted me on the shoulder. I took a deep breath. She was right. I was grateful the meeting was over, and I could finally rest at night in peace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I slammed the file closed, laying my head on my desk. There. Erwin's dumb little report that he kept bugging me about was done. I realized I was holding in my breath and I let out a deep sigh, hearing a knock on my door. Again?, I thought, tired of many unwanted socialization and visitors.

" Come in! " I yelled in an irritated voice, putting away the file I had just finished.

" A letter from the Nurse Association, sir. " The same lad walked into my office and placed a brown envelope on my desk. Already? These people were so quick when they wanted to be.

" Thanks. " I scoffed at the guy as he closed my door. Tearing open the letter and pulling out the paper inside, I skimmed it over and shook my head.

Your proposal to the Board of Directors has been declined.

What the hell?! Why?! It was a perfectly good idea that could have served our people well. I threw the letter on my desk in anger. With Tiffany's classification system, we could save more soldiers more efficiently. It wasn't proven through any kind of tests or things like that, but it's pure common sense that this whole damn thing could save lives.

" These people don't know what the hell they're doing. Who decided to make them in charge?! " I whispered harshly under my breath. What was I going to tell Tiffany?! She's going to be either really pissed, or probably terribly miserable. After pondering on telling her now or later, I got up from my desk and walked to my door, letter in hand. I slowly opened the door, making sure Erwin wouldn't see me leave. I ran out of the room and into the bustling hallway, receiving random salutes on my way to the Clinic. My chest was heavy with an unfamiliar worry as I saw the huge clinic sign. Tiffany is going to be devastated. What am I going to say to her?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The bell rang for lunch, the nurses leaking out of the room and into the busy hall. I left Hange with a well prepared meal and went off to get my own, when I bumped into the Captain once more.