1

If you told Steve that he would be hanging out with Nancy, Robin and Eddie on a Saturday night. He would've laughed at you. After battling Vecna the relationship between the four have obviously changed for the better. They became close over a short period of time.

The group of four was in Eddie's trailer since that was the only place adults and kids would leave them alone. Steve was sitting on the couch along with Robin and Nancy waiting for Eddie to come back from his room after disappearing for a few minutes.

"Jesus he's taking forever." Robin said throwing her head back in annoyance. Nancy sighed and gave a small pout, she always did that when she was disappointed. Steve took a mental note of it even if he was wasting his time by doing so.

"Hold on I think I'm about to find it!" Eddie shouted from his room. Everyone could hear the sounds of items being tossed and most likely leaving a mess. Whatever he was looking for the other teens hoped it was worth the wait. The girls were starting to doze off and Steve wasn't that far behind them, he shook his head trying to stay up. He looked at the clock across the room and it was 12:30 am basically midnight at this point. 

"I found it!" Eddie shouted making everyone jump. He came back into the living room waving a vhs tape that had Friday the thirteenth on it. He was so proud of himself for finding the movie he couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear.

"It's a vhs tape, yay." Robin said sarcastically earning a small laugh from Nancy. Steve just smiled at the remark. Eddie didn't seem phased by the comment he still had that happy look on his face. He only shook his head.

"Not just any vhs tape. It's a special vhs tape." Eddie said dancing with the tape before walking to the vhs player and sliding the tape inside.

Something went wrong and the tv started to glitch. Different colors started to appear in a flashing pattern. Eddie threw his hands up n frustration from dealing with the very old and crappy set up.

"Goddamn it!" He said slapping the back of his tv. Robin rolled her eyes at the scene in front of her. She was quickly off the couch and went over to the struggling man.

"Get out the way doofus." Robin shooed him away from the tv and tried to figure out what the problem was.

Nancy shifted uncomfortably in her seat and Steve could feel her shaking next to him. He looked at her to make sure everything was all right.

"Hey," he spoke softly. "Everything ok?" Steve examined her face but he couldn't read her. Nancy kept looking at her hands in her lap, still not giving a response. Now Steve was really starting to worry about her. If something was wrong she would always say something even if it wasn't the most delightful thing to say. "Nancy?" He tried again this time being more successful.

She finally looked at him.

"I guess scary movies isn't something I'm a fan of right now." She said quietly it was as if she was embarrassed. Steve couldn't help but feel bad for her and honestly for all of them. Trying to live a normal life after experiencing something like that, even Steve struggled sometimes. Subconsciously he held her hand and it seemed like that calmed her down.

"You have nothing to worry about if anything happens Robin is here, Eddie is here, and I'm here. Ok?" Steve emphasized the last part of his statement and he hated himself for it. Sadly he wasn't lying about being there for her even if they were just friends now. That's what they'll always be.

Nancy smiled lovingly at him as she squeezed his hand. "Thank you Steve for everything." The two sat there in a comfortable silence as if it was only them.

Steve started to feel like someone was watching him. For a split second he looked over at Robin and Eddie. Robin was still focusing on the tv and putting cords in different outlets. Eddie quickly turned his head and looked down at his shoes.

That was odd.

Maybe Eddie was anxious about something? Steve couldn't put a finger on it but his chipper mood completely changed into annoyed and angry. The tv glitching had to be the reason for the immediate change. 

"Ok I fixed it." Robin said in a cheery tone while giving herself a pat on the back. She swiftly went back to the couch and admired her work as the movie starts to play.

"Thank god." Eddie muttered under his breath before walking to the couch. He squeezed himself between Nancy and Steve as if it was nothing. The pair was shocked by this action because it was so unlike Eddie, it almost felt intentional.

Nancy leaned up a little to give Steve a small smile and Steve did the same. The movie made the two look at the tv as the music blasted out of the speakers.

-

This might be a sad story I don't know yet but I hope it was enjoyable <3