6

Steve stood there like a mannequin, his mind was blank at the moment. The last person he wanted see was only a few feet away from him. Steve was aware that eventually he was going to talk to Eddie about what happened but not so soon.

"Eddie... I didn't expect to see you here." Steve started the conversation. The tension in the air was suffocating both of them, even the kids could feel it.

"Same thing for you." Eddie gave the kids a glare. Something took place before that Steve wasn't a part of. The kids looked guilty and ashamed of themselves, causing them to lower their heads to avoid eye contact.

"We'll discuss this later. You guys can go back to playing games while me and Eddie talk." Steve said firmly to the kids. They took the tray Eddie was holding that had their drinks on it and went back to the previous game that they were playing. Leaving the two confused souls alone.

"I think we should go outside it'll be a lot quieter than in here." Eddie suggested and Steve couldn't agree more. He was getting sick of the video game sounds he was hearing in the background. Both of them went outside and felt relaxed from the outside air. That feeling wasn't going to last long.

"Ok about what happened Friday," Steve began. "I'm not mad or anything." He watched Eddie widen his eyes in complete shock. Steve was being honest though, no matter what took place that day he couldn't find a reason to be upset with Eddie.

"You're not?" Eddie didn't understand what Steve was saying. He wanted the next thing that Steve said was expressing how he felt the same way Eddie felt. If there was a god Eddie was praying to him in this very moment.

"Not at all. It was a misunderstanding." Steve started to feel a little better about the direction of the conversation, it was wasn't going to be awkward anymore and they were going to be good friends. "We were sleepy and sort of out of it, so that's probably why things got a little crazy."

"Oh, yeah... obviously. A misunderstanding." Eddie tried to sound as convincing as possible and that they were on the same page.

"You know I was so scared of having this conversation but I'm so glad we feel the same way. Besides it's not like you actually wanted to kiss me." Steve laughed at the thought. It felt like a huge weight was being lifted off his shoulders and he felt free.

"Yep. That would be stupid of me to want to do something like that." Eddie felt his stomach turn after listening to every word that was coming out of Steve's mouth. It was foolish of him to think that there could be something more other than friends.

"Maybe we could start over? Let's hang out this Friday and get fucked up." Steve thought of the perfect thing to do the next time they hung out together. The party of the century, at least that's what people from school always call their parties.

"That could be cool. I'm in." Eddie accepted the offer. Even if things didn't go the way he planned, being friends with Steve wasn't something he could fight against.

They found each other laughing at the encounter they just had. One of them being happy that they were ok and it didn't have to be weird anymore. The other having to pretend to be ok even when that was impossible.

-

I know this part is short but like half way through this stranger things released steddie content and I can't breathe 😭😭.

I hope y'all are still enjoying this story though, bare with me I'm trying to make everything come together ❤️