9

After what happened at the party majority of the school talked about it to no end. Making up their own rumors and scenarios despite being there to see the whole thing go down. The real story wasn't what people wanted to tell, that version was far more hurtful.

Eddie wasn't at school for almost two weeks. Assuming that the worst had probably happened to him until his uncle came to the school and told the office that he was sick. Which wasn't true in the slightest.

All he did was lay in bed and get high while listening to the faint heavy metal playing on the radio in his room. Blowing out clouds of smoke from his mouth, his mind was at ease. He could almost forget about the party. That was easy for him to say in the comfort of his room and that was where he was planning on staying in for awhile.

Steve's experience was the total opposite. Immediately after the party he was being asked questions nonstop and was praised for pretending to be friends with Eddie. Others thought he was hiding something that he and Eddie has done behind closed doors. Overall nothing positive came out of this situation for the both of them.

Each day was long and exhausting. Steve could barely focus in any of his classes because of how tired he was. He couldn't sleep, the night of the party replaying over and over again in his head like a broken record.

"You look dead." Robin said behind the cash register as Steve walked in. He was slouching while he walked at a very slow pace. Dragging his feet across the floor.

"Thank you Robin, I love your very much needed input about everything." Steve grumpily replied. He felt his eyes getting heavier with every move he made. Sleep was calling his name but he didn't want to see that moment in time ever again.

"You should take it easy Steve. The past few weeks haven't been so kind to you." Robin encouraged Steve to get some rest in the break room. Only allowing it because she was aware of everything that happened a few weeks ago. Steve was trying to do a good thing around very bad people. Robin knew his intentions were good but sometimes certain cliques didn't mix.

When Steve woke up he straightened himself up and went to work. Interacting with a few customers kind of made his day better, they discussed the movies and their various plot lines that made no sense to anyone.

The day went by quickly like it always did. Robin and Steve cleaned up the store to make sure it was tidy before closing time. After doing everything that they needed to Steve was already heading towards the door until he realized Robin wasn't following him.

She was grabbing some papers and put them in her bag. Steve wondered what those were for so he decided to ask.

"What are those papers for?"

Robin hesitated a little at the question before she answered. "Uh... it's Eddie's work. So he can do it at home ."

Steve was taken aback by that, he never thought Eddie would even attempt to do any assignments considering everything.

"Is it possible that you can drive me to Eddie's so I can give these to him?" Robin gave a small pout. Steve had a better I read in mind.

"I can give them to him." Steve watched Robin's face turn into complete terror. In his mind he could make things better and everything would be ok again.

"He doesn't exactly want to see you." Robin explained as nicely as she could. Steve understood that but he would try his best to resolve this even if it takes forever.

"I know, just this once Robin." Steve said in the softest voice and Robin couldn't tell him off even if she wanted. She rolled her eyes as she gave him the papers and they were off to Steve's care.

After dropping Robin off at her house he went towards Eddie's trailer. He braced himself for any type of interaction that he was going to go through. Slowly pulling up in front of the place, Steve noticed the lights were on inside. That was a good sign.

Steve stepped out the car with the papers in his hand. Slightly shaking the closer he got to the door. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. Footsteps could be heard from outside so Steve assumed that the door was going to open.

The door finally opened revealing Eddie. He looked disheveled and that sweet smell Steve would usually pick up wasn't there anymore. Eddie didn't look so pleased to see Steve at all. He just stared at him like he was the most disgusting thing in the entire world. That was a wake up call to Steve, nothing was ever going to be the same.

"Um... these are your assignments." Steve handed Eddie his papers and he quickly snatched them out of Steve's hand.

"Thanks." Eddie was about to close the door until Steve blocked the door from closing fully.

"Eddie please talk to me." Steve pleaded with all his might. Eddie softened his face the more he looked at Steve. Innocent , kind, and charming all in one was standing in front of him. As much as Eddie wanted to let Steve in and let him know how he really felt, he just couldn't.

"Goodnight Steve." Eddie gave a small smile before closing the door. Leaving Steve outside in the cold confused.

Now that wasn't an interaction Steve was braced for.

-

Thank y'all for reading and getting me to a thousand. I'm embarrassed that so many people have read this poorly written book 😭.
Nonetheless thank you 😊