Suspicion.

As time passed waluigi became more and more suspicious of his newly wed lover.
He'd stay late at the job he hates, change his phone password, even going so far as to say he's going on a business trip!
Waluigi had had enough of this and decided to investigate. He started with seeing if he actually was going to work when he said he was. That checked out good enough.
Waluigi decided to call up his old friend birdo, as he heard she'd be down to do anything for a quick buck. Not as if her pot empire was enough cash flow to her wallet.

Waluigi awoke one morning to see that his hubby, donker konkonker had already left for work. He stretched his body and as soon as he set up, he felt very nauseous.
He flung himself out of the bed and into the bathroom connected to his and donkey konkey's bedroom, just barely making it to the toilet to hurl his guts up and then some.
He was puzzled, to say the least. Lately he's been moody, nauseous, eating weird foods and getting bigger stomach wise.
Waluigi chalked it up to him being a growing little plumber boy and flushed the toilet and brushed the taste of yak out of his mouth.
He threw on his usual clothes and walked down the stairs just in time to hear a knock at the front door.

'That must be birdo!' Waluigi thought.
He thought correct. As he opened the door the pungent smell of Mary J invaded his nostrils, along with the blingy sight of birdo.
"Hey walg!" She exclaimed, pulling him into a tight hug. He hugged back of course, not wanting to be rude.
"Hey birdo! Come on in I was just about to make something to eat." Waluigi said, closing the door behind birdo as they stepped inside the foyer and walking to the living room.
"Cute place you got here walg." Birdo commented, looking at the decor and photos placed on the table in the living room.
"Thank you, I'm sure your place is cute too." Waluigi said as he walked into the kitchen to make something to eat.
"Oh of course it is, much bigger too." Birdo responded, muttering the last part. Waluigi always knew birdo was the materialistic competitive type, but sheesh it's just a house.
Waluigi walked back into the living room with ketchup and pickles on burn toast. 'What da hell' birdo thought, but just let it be.
"So what'd you call me up for walg?" Birdo asked as waluigi began eating the strange combination of foods. She picked at her nails with one hand as she leaned back onto the couch.
"I think donky kong is cheating on me." Waluigi said through a mouthful of "food". Birdo gasped "What?! But you two have the perfect relationship, why would he ever want to ruin that?!" Birdo exclaimed.
"That's exactly what I called you up for. I want you to find out if he is, and who it's with if he is cheating on me." Waluigi said, setting the now empty plate onto the living room coffee table.
Birdo sat on the couch astonished. She knew waluigi needed her to find something out for him, but not something like this! She leaned forward, folding her hands and leaning onto them.
She thought about what would happen if donkery konkery were cheating on waluigi. She knew wario already hated his guts, if he found this out he'd rip him to shreds, then make sure he got nothing in the divorce.
Birdo thought about not telling waluigi if donkely konkely was cheating on him. But she knew that he'd find out either way, through her or by his own methods.
It wasn't just about the money anymore, it was about the friendship and moral Birdo now had to uphold. She'd known waluigi her entire life. She couldn't turn her back on him now. Not ever.
Even if it hurts waluigi, she has to tell him the truth. It's the right thing to do, and if she didn't she'd be loosing a friend. Birdo sighed and looked at waluigi.
"I'll do it." She said.