An answer.

A week after waluigi and birdo agreed to work together to find out if donky Kong was cheating on waluigi, Donky kong invited waluigi to go to a twitter mixer.
"You know I know you hate your job, so that also makes me hate your job right dear?" Waluigi complained, not wanting to go.
"Exactly! I don't wanna go by myself, plus some of our friends will be there!" Donky kong said, convincing his partner to go with him.
"Alright alright, but I'm not dressing up fancy." Waluigi agreed. Donky kong punched the air saying a silent 'yes' to his victory.

They got dressed in their usual clothing and walked out to the car. Waluigi sat in the passenger seat, letting donky kong drive has he had a headache.
"You don't have to go-" donky kong tried to say, but was cut off my waluigi. "No I'm already in the car and dressed, let's just go." Waluigi sighed, rubbing his temples with his hands.
As they were driving, waluigi decided to look for some Tylenol to try to stave off the headache he had. He opened up the glove compartment and dug around until he found a large, black spiky wrist cuff.
He was confused at first, but put it off as his love trying out different styles to his look. Twitter is always trying to get diverse looks within their working community.
He found some Tylenol and popped two, just before they got to Twitter HQ. Donky kong found them a good parking spot. Waluigi hopped out of the car along with his lover and they walked over to the elevator.
"We can just take this all the way up to the roof, we won't have to walk very much." Waluigi nodded, grateful for not having to walk very much as his feet were killing him already for no reason.
The pair got to the elevator and stepped in. Donkey kong pressed the uppermost button and leaned against the wall, checking his buzzing phone.
Waluigi stood in the corner, wondering what was blowing up his husbands phone. He knew that eventually birdo would be able to get into it, so for now he let it be.
Time passed and waluigi decided to ask if his boss was trying to make him try out new looks again, and about the cuff in the glovebox, but just as he did the elevator doors opened to reveal a calm mixer on the roof as the sun was setting.
They stepped out and as soon as they did so, a couple came up to them.
The couple immediately began to make small talk with donky Kong, leaving waluigi to stand awkwardly to the side.
The couple themselves gave off a weird vibe to waluigi. One of them was a floating ghost with a crown atop his head, and the other was what seemed to be a brightly colored tortoise-like creature, with spikes protruding from his shell and tail.
As waluigi took in their features, along with whatever they disagreed about, which seemed to be everything, he noticed that the spiky one had the same kind of cuff that was in donky kongs car. Waluigi brushed it off, but made a mental note to tell birdo of this.
After a few minutes of this, and them walking away from the elevator entrance, waluigi cleared his throat and introduced himself.
"Hello! I'm waluigi, you two must be donky kongs coworkers I assume?"
The couple looked over at waluigi, seeming to just now be noticing him. "Actually, I'm his boss." Said the ghost. "My names King Boo, but you can call me KB for short." He added afterwards.
Waluigi nodded, and turned his head to the other one. "And you are...?" He inquired. The other huffed, seemingly annoyed at the question, or maybe just Waluigis presence was enough to annoy him?
"I am Bowser." He said matter-of-factly. Waluigi began to speak, but as he did bowser interrupted him. "Say, DK why don't me and you go down to the office to finish up those NFT's you said you needed my help with? I was up here all day setting up so I couldn't help." He excused after the first part.
"Well I think I'd rather..." donky kong began, but trailed off as bowser gave him a strange look.
"Yeah I could use the help." Donky kong stated after a moment.
"What?! You dragged me here just so you can leave me alone?!" Waluigi exclaimed. Bowser smirked and dragged donky kong to the elevator as he began to stutter.
Waluigi was pissed.
He asked King Boo where the bathroom was, and followed the directions he told him. As soon as he got to the bathroom locked the door and whipped out his phone.
He pulled up his contacts and scrolled until he found the one he was looking for.

Birdo.

He clicked call and pressed the phone up to his ear and listened to it ring. Once. Twice. Then a click and a voice. "You got birdo, what's good?"
"Get to Twitter HQ, now." Waluigi demanded.
"But walg, you know Muon banned me from Twitter HQ ever since I stopped selling to him!" Birdo yelled into the phone.
"Well this is much more important than you and Muon Elsks drug drama, I think I know who donky kongs cheating on me with."
Birdo choked on her coffee that she was apparently drinking. "I'll be there as soon as I can be walg."
And with that she hung up the phone.

Waluigi made his way back down the underground parking lot to wait on birdo. After around 13 minutes she arrived.
"So, who's our home wrecking tweeting hussy?" She asked. Waluigi walked to the elevator, birdo following close behind. "I just met him, but his name is Bowser. He's dating Donky Kongs boss, King Boo."
Birdo gasped, shocked. "I know who those two are! They have one of the worst relationships I've ever seen."
Waluigi looked at birdo surprised. Just as he was about to say something, the elevator doors opened to an empty, dark office floor. "Is this where donky kong works?" Birdo whispered.
"Yeah also, why are we whispering?" Waluigi replied.
"I don't know, it feels appropriate for the setting the author has set, and now it's kinda weird because you asked me why were whispering... why did you point it out because now it's kinda weird to be whispering?" Birdo answered.
"We don't have time for this." Waluigi whispered back. After that exchange, the two began creeping around the office floor. "If donky kong was working on something he'd be in his cubicle, where is he?" Waluigi said as he looked over at birdo as they reached his cubicle.
"Very suspicious..." Birdo said, resting a hand on her chin. Just then, the pair heard a ruckus coming from one of the meeting rooms with the blinds drawn.
"Oh hell naw." Waluigi said, uncrouching from his position and walking bravely to the door or the room. "Waluigi wait! Let me go in!" Birdo cried out.
But it was too late, waluigi had already reached the door, and his hand was already shooting for the handle. Birdo rushed over, almost tripping on her own two feet. Waluigi grabbed hold of the handle and flung the door open. And what was inside had confirmed all of his suspicions.