Chapter 55: Is that a Zombie?

***Ajax POV***

I heard some distance noise which must have been coming from outside as I felt the sunshine warm up my body. I yawned, slowly rubbing my eyes before opening them, not instantly remembering where I was.

I panicked when I first saw the coffin in the room, making me quickly gather my thoughts. Luckily the events of last night promptly flooded back to me as I reached for a glass of water. I stood up and left the room, trying to find a bathroom to wash my face. Finally, I stumbled into a small bathroom. In it I was a small mirror.

As I started to wash my hands, I caught myself in the mirror; my bed hair was absolutely atrocious!

With all the work, I hadn't had time to cut it, and it had managed to grow a bit longer. Now I definitely I couldn't get away without brushing it. I made a mental note to get a haircut soon. How can others be bothered to deal with long hair? Quickly I brushed it out with my hands; then, I noticed the light hair strands. Y/N had pointed them out a while ago. They started to appear after I had exerted myself in battle and used the full extent of my power. In terms of looks, I didn't mind, but I suppose you could say it was slightly concerning. Ohh, well, it's not like it had spread.

Regardless of the colour, I couldn't have Y/N waking up and seeing me like this. How would I be able to tease her about how she looked after last night with a hangover if I looked as bad. Quickly, I rushed my hands through my hair, brushing it out. Once I fixed it, I looked at myself in the mirror again.

"He.." Not bad if I do say so myself.

I then proceeded to push out all of the creases in my uniform

I then proceeded to push out all of the creases in my uniform. I had to make sure I looked my best whilst representing the Fatui. My spare uniform sets were at my temporary home, and I didn't want to leave Y/N alone.

Once ready, I went outside to stretch. I wanted to walk off the remaining alcohol in my system whilst staying close by for when Y/N wakes up. I wonder how much she will remember.

The streets outside were bustling, and lots of different flavours and aromas filled the air. People rushed around, attending to their business. I checked the time: 9.10am. Normally at this point, I would already be at the bank, sorting out what I needed to do today. My day typically consisted of checking in at the bank, sorting out who I needed to see that day and what depts I needed to collect. Then travelling round collecting those depts for the rest of the day, except doing the odd tasks if required by other harbingers. The amount of money that passed through my hands each day was astounding. No wonder Fatui was able to pay us what it does. I know it also had other sources of money. But seeing this much really gave you a different perspective on Mora.