Chapter 58: The Toy Sellers Of Mondstadt

***Y/N POV***

The following day flew by quite quickly. I woke up an hour before Ajax, although I still didn't get up until 1pm. The previous night's events were quite foggy in my mind, and I didn't even want to try and think about them. I couldn't let myself slip up again. In a battle, a moment of hesitation can completely change the tides, and my slip-up had led to our opponent getting away. We had planned to meet Katie later and get a status report, but I had a few hours before to kill.

I wanted to take a walk around Mondstadt, but after our encounter last night it didn't seem wise to do so in my uniform, and I hadn't got any of my spare clothes as Pix was meant to bring them. So I had to ask the guard at the door who's name was Luke, if he had any. He initially panicked when hearing a request directly from a harbinger, worrying that he couldn't live up to the task I had asked of him. But, after some phone calls, he rushed off.

As a thank you for the previous night, I wanted to make Ajax a nice breakfast to say sorry for any hassle I caused. The more I tried to think about the last night, I felt my faint headache get worse. I remember we got intercepted by a masked man with red hair, but that was about it.

I went to the kitchen in the Goth hotel. It wasn't meant for the guests, so I was surprised by how fancy it was, containing all the latest cooking equipment. I looked through the fridge to see what ingredients we had. After some thought, I remembered an old dish I used to make that was considered a classic to Mondstadt; Tea Break pancakes. As the name suggested, it was usually had at around tea time. But for a treat, I thought it would make a brilliant breakfast.

I rolled up my sleeves and started preparing the dish. I felt a lot better now that I had a task to do and was feeling useful. I would and could be helpful; no matter what, I could succeed.

Finally, after messing up the whole kitchen, a nice round stack of pancakes stood in the middle. To finish it off, I placed a sweet berry on the top.

The aroma must have drifted upstairs as soon after finishing whilst I was wiping down

The aroma must have drifted upstairs as soon after finishing whilst I was wiping down. I heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

I turned round to see a spiked-haired Ginger boy yawning by the door. I wanted to start the day positively and let him know I was okay without bringing up the events of last night, so I gave him a big smile sliding the pancake dish over to him. "Here, a Mondstadt Speciality: Tea Break Pancakes! Especially made by yours truly". I then emphasised the smile. It wasn't fake as such, just me trying to say that I was okay, and if we could leave it at that, it would be brilliant.

"Ohh wow, I knew I smelt something good!" He beamed before looking at me closer, not fully catching onto my wishes. "But about last night, Y/N...."

I quickly interrupted him, "I'm fine, Ajax. Please don't worry, something just came over me. It won't happen again, I swear. I just..." my mind started to wonder. Still, I shook my head and clapped my cheeks, snapping me out of it. "I'm fine now, and that's what counts. Let's leave it at that. Moving forward, you Mister, have a Breakfast to enjoy!".