Epilogue

Manik's place :-

Manik nuzzled his face in her neck making her giggle..

"Bohot hasi aa rahi hai na", he tickled her saying this..

"Manik, bass", she said catching her breath..

"You never get romantic with me Nandini, so bad", he complained..

"Areyy", Nandini protested but failed to find words..

"What Arey, you are always a spoiler, tumhe to main", he said tickling...

"Manik, my phone is ringing wait", she said getting up and picked her phone answering it..

"Dekha either you or phone, silent pe rakh sakti thi when you knew we are together spending some time alone and.." he stopped seeing her facial expressions change..

"But how Chachi, subah to she was all fine", she answered in worry, Manik placed his hand or her shoulder to comfort her..

"Ok hum aa rahe hai", she answered hanging up..

"Kya hua Nandu", he said cupping her cheek..

"Manik, Amms she suddenly got a stroke, chacha-chachi hospital le gaye hai, we have to go Manik", she said in a single breath...

"Acha we'll go, you calm down, she'll be all fine Nandini", he said taking her in his embrace, shed silent tears..

"Chalo", he said holding her hand and they moved out..

Hospital :-

They both reached Amms's ward and saw Chacha-chachi sitting outside tensed..

"Chachi how is Amms, is she fine", Nandini asked amist her tears and the doctor arrived the same moment..

"Doctor kya hua hai, is she fine", she asked..

"Heart stroke, and this is not the first time, we need to operate as soon as possible but we can't guarantee that she'll survive considering her age and the intensity of the stroke but we'll try our best, aap log please formalities puri kar dijiye and submit the fees asap", the doctor

"Haan, murthy ji jaldi kar dijiye", chachi said in worry..

"Chacha aap rukiye, main karta hoon", Manik said assuring them..

He moved out and Nandini followed him, signing the documents, he filled the necessary details..

"Sir, you need to deposit five lakhs for surgery", the receptionist instructed..

"Five lakhs, I don't think I have that much in my account right now", she thought getting tense while Manik handed his credit card the receptionist..

"Manik", she called and he blinked his eyes assuring her..

"Come, sab theek hoga", he wiped the tears she didn't realise had fallen on her cheeks..

They sat outside the operation theatre in sheer anxiety and worry, just hoping everything to be fine

"Chacha chachi boht raat ho gayi hai Rishabh ghar par akela hai, aap log jaiye hum yaha rukte hai", Nandini said seeing their worn out faces..

"Amms ki kuch khabar ho to hume batana", Chachi said agreeing..

"Chachi mera driver aap logo ko ghar chor dega, Nandini tum bhi chali jao, main rukta hu", he said...

"Nhi Manik I'll stay, kuch zarurat hui to", she said and he sighed agreeing to her..

After an hour the ward's door opened, Manik and Nandini stood with hope but the words they heard crushed their souls..

"We're sorry but surgery ke beech mein hi, we lost her, as I previously said her body was weak, she couldn't handle the operation, we are extremely sorry", Nandini felt her world collapse hearing those words from the doctor..