Chapter 2: The Dark Days

I remember awakening into what seemed like never ending darkness. Only reason I knew I was alive was because of two things. One, the pain throughout my tiny body, and two, the crying I could hear. Within this dark, empty, and cold room, I could see an outline of a small figure, a little boy, curled up into a ball, crying. While I struggled to sit up and lean against the cold and damp wall behind me, I heard the crying come to a halt.

"Are you okay?" I sympathetically asked.

With a sniffle a small voice could be heard replying "not really... but we should stay quiet, she will hear us and come back..."

"She will? Don't you mean they will, who is she?" I puzzled.

"Tabitha, she is the witch who is controlling them. Be glad you have yet to meet her, she's awful" he must have sensed my fear, as he changed his tone and words "we will be okay, am sorry for scaring you more, my name is Luca Santiago, I am 8 years old, I am from the Night Shadow Coven, what is your name?" he rather gently pried.

"Coven?" I gasped... "Your... a vampire?" I asked in shock.

"Please do not be afraid, we are not as bad as we seem...or at least I am not." before he could say more, I interrupted "no, no, don't be silly, I've always wanted to meet a vampire" I cheerful added.

"Oh...well that is a relief" Luca breathed out in a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry I didn't say my name, I am Accalia, I am 5 years old, I am from Crimson moon Pack" I tried to say happily but a noise coming from the outline of the door, had my words catching in my throat.

Suddenly the door of the room opened wide, with a deathly smell entering, enough to turn my stomach, and a dimmed-up light followed the shadow creeping in.

"Oh good, you are both awake, you both were out for a few days... was no fun at all, but now you are both soooo full of energy to sit here and chat...... we can play a game!" this shadow eerily spoke out, its voice screeching at every word, echoing around the room.

"But first introductions, the little Bat and I have already met, while you dear four paws were being ever so lazy and sleeping like the dog you are" the shadow snarled... "I am Tabitha Grimsbane, a witch from a far-off place, and I have decided, it has been far too long the use of witches being used and crushed on by the higher ranked creatures of the world, like your bloodlines, the two strongest packs...looking down on everyone else, thinking you all are powerful.... "She spat her words out while coming close to my face "I will show them power" she laughed while she unlocked my arms from the chains and dragged me out by my hair, while I kicked and screamed.

"Luca help me please" I screamed while Tabitha dragged me by my hair across the stoned floor, the hair splitting from my scalp.

"Let her go, take me, leave her alone you sick witch" Luca demanded while trying to fight at his restraints, all while Tabitha Laughed.

By the flick of her wrist the door slammed shut behind me, while the witch dragged me so easily across the floor. All I could hear was Luca shouting in the distance.

"Let her go!" he demanded, "my pack will eat you alive" he screamed and then the regretful sentence..." This why, we keep you witches locked up, you are unhinged creatures that need to be locked away, to stop your kind from attempting crazy ideas!"

Tabitha paused in the corridor, while she chucked me to the side she swirled round and stared down towards the door, we were being held in, all while Luca continued. "You are the weakest beings; you need our kind to keep your sad and pathetic creatures alive!"

Then Tabitha, casually walked down the hall, and flicked her wrist and a door opened across from our room. Then a Rogue wolf came eagerly out, with dried blood around its mouth, blacked out eyes and the stench of rotten flesh followed it out. All Tabitha did was unlock our room, and nodded her head at the uncontrolled wolf, and it strolled in.

"Get away from me!" I heard Luca scream, while Tabitha closed the door and walked away with a smirk.

"No, no, no, Luca" I cried while trying to stand.

Tabitha just walked up to me and said unknown words, next thing I know, my mouth seemed to close over, the scream being muffled into my throat, while my skin stitched across my face. The worse pain I have ever felt.... And I feel like it is only going to get worse.

As she dragged me away, my screams muffled all I could hear was Lucas painful screams echoing down the corridor, while my own heartbeat pulsated in my ears. Until Luca's screams went dead, the room all was silent apart from my heart pounding out of my chest.

Tabitha just laughed aloud, while I tried to get away from her, and make sure Luca was okay. My screams were still silent. It was no use calling Luca's name out, no noise came out of my mummified mouth. Before she dragged me through a door, the Rogue wolf strutted out, with blood drizzled down his face, and blood seeping out of the doorway. The Tears stinging my eyes.... I am going to die here.