Chapter 4: Crimson Vision

Crimson Blood dripped to the floor from Red's canines, while the colour painted the walls, she was on a never ending rampage, she had lost all control...killing every Rogue who tried to attack from all the open doors, in what seemed to be Tabitha's last attempt to kill me. Some even ran away in fear, but she chased them down in a somewhat game of cat and mouse. I tried and tried to gain control; however, it was no use.

Suddenly I picked up a familiar smell, so did Red. It smelt like a... Vampire. Was another soul, being kept down here as a prisoner. Red taunted forward to a familiar door.... No, it can't be. He is dead, Luca... he died... I am sure of. Red stood in the doorway eyeing down a small body that was hunched in the corner. With very slow movements, the hunched body looked up.... Luca! He is still alive!

I pleaded with Red "Please Red, he is the only friend I have had here" I cried "RED...please...he is innocent" I tried to gain control, the pain in my head made my vison blurry.

As Red went forward, ignoring my failed attempts of control... another Rogue took a bite out of our Hine leg, Red yelped in pain, while turning to face the attacker. In a slow and tactical circular motion, both Red and the Rogue matched movements.

Until I saw Luca stand and pierce the Wolf with his vangs, moving with speed, he broke the Rogues back leg in two with insane amount of strength. The Rogue went down in agony, Red sat back watching...calmly, while Luca stood high over the injured Rogue, while the Rogue tried to move up onto its three legs, Luca took his final back leg. Luca was...Torturing the creature.

Luca finally walked away while the Rogue was left helpless behind. Luca stared into Red's eyes...and next thing I know...my body began to hurt, like I was being placed on fire, my bones twisted back and teeth pulled forward and blood filled my mouth. I staggered to the floor, my legs giving out and my body ached. Luca the came forward, standing under 6 feet tall.

"I knew it was you, little Red" he chuckled while placing a rag of a quilt over my naked small body, while he picked me up and cradled my small body.

"Boy am I happy to see such a friendly face. How about we get out of here?" he cheerily questioned.

I couldn't speak, barely move, I tried to smile through the pain and give a slight nod of affirmation. He smiled down and seemed to understand. I noticed while he walked the changes of expression, frowns and twists of pain showing on his face. I tried to twist and get put down, but all he did was hold me tighter, while he walked further down the corridor of cells.

Silence...pure silence apart from his footsteps. The quietest this place has been, there was always Rogues barking, scratching, fighting or my screams being heard. How come I never heard Luca? Finally, after about ten minutes of Luca walking down the corridor of cells, he placed me to the floor gently. I held the wall for support, while he tried the door.

It opened.... surprisingly.

"That almost seems too good to be true." Luca whispered.

"What other choice do we have?" I queried, while we both braced.

Then the reveal of a large room, dimly lit, with old stone walls crumpling to the floor, rotten wooden tables, lined the middle of the large room, with aligned, matching chairs and cobwebs hanging from the fallen chandeliers.

"What is this place"? I question aloud to Luca.

"It looks like an old castle Banquet Hall, looks like it was attacked..." he pointed towards Catapult stone balls that seemed to have broken down the old ruin walls. Surrounding parts of the room were skeletons.

"As much as I am enjoying the adventure... I think it is best we move on and try get out of this place" Luca suggested while giving me a cheeky somewhat grin, all while I rolled my eyes and continued onwards.

We followed the old ruin walls, with slight light that came through gaps within the ruins. Derelict rooms, with only slight noise of rats scurrying past and with the adjoining smell of damp and rot. Until we eventually made it out, to a room that had slight broken stone stairs, that lead to a big broken wooden door, with what seemed to be.... The night sky! Luca and I shared the same look, as we both dragged our feet forward, hastily making our way down with every agonising step.

We finally made it to the door, looking outwards, with a gust of wind traveling in, wrapping me up in a blanket of cold air, that sent shivers down my broken and scarred spine. The Moon shined down towards me and Luca, with the stars twinkled.

Are we finally Free?