Chapter 5: Crimson Dreams

Luca and I have been walking in silence for hours, it is still dark, the moonlight is our path. Silence in the air apart from a distance owl, the wind dancing in the tree and our quiet footsteps following, however, my thoughts were running their own course. I couldn't get through to Red, I hadn't heard off her since her turn into a Rogue. Was she still a Rogue? Was I? What about Luca, why had I not heard his screams? Where was he all along? Where has Tabitha gone? Is she gone for good?

"How about we take a rest? We have been walking for hours" Luca suggested.

I just nodded, still disturbed by my own thoughts.

Luca started making a fire, gathering all the sticks near, building a pile. This was the first time I properly looked at him, he was under 6 feet, he had shaggy blonde hair, like a suffer, he had green eyes, clearly malnourished, was just skin and bones. If it wasn't for his height, id think he was a lot younger. Luca clearly feeling my staring looked up and gave me a smile, his teeth seemed in bad shape, bit like how mine felt.

"Penny for your thoughts?" he chirped.

"Which thought first?" I queried back

He didn't answer straight away, he just looked to the sky, seeking an answer.

"How about, we each share a thought or question, in turn? Nothing neither of us is going to fear." He looked hopeful, and I couldn't understand why.

"Sure, do you want to go first" hoping I could find out why he is so interested.

"Hmm, how about you tell me what just happened with Tabitha, I could hear you screams, and then I heard hers, and then I obviously met your wolf." He asked with down casted eyes, while he tried to create a fire with two rocks.

I sat puzzled, looking at his hands attempting to create sparks, how do I answer such a question, I don't really know the answer too? What had happened?

"If I am honest, I don't fully know.... Tabitha forced my body to take me to the room I was tortured in daily" I signed out, not ignoring his facial expression of.... Shock?

"Then she strapped me in a chair, and started telling me, how she created this new 'invention', of magic and science. It was a deep red liquid within a needle, she pierced my skin with it, I tried fighting her off" I slowly breathed out, trying to force the words out, hoping they made sense.

"Then next thing I know, she started her incantations, and the most pain she has ever caused me, and next thing I know, I can hear Red, and I have turned into my wolf. Wolf attacked her, and Tabitha vanished, and after that Red lost control, turning Rogue." I wept, while I struggled to breath.

"I haven't Heard off Red since" I mumbled the last part, while I looked at the flames dancing in the fire Luca managed to create.

"I knew I should never have trusted her, that evil witch" Luca spat out.

I looked at him confused, while he through the rock he had for making the fire into the surrounding forest. Luca seemed to note my confusion, as he continued.

"After the first time we met, I felt a bond to you, I was only eight, and I couldn't tell if it was because you where kind to me, all things considering who I am and our situation.... But my protective bond only got worse after Tabitha took you and tortured you that first night.... The rogue she sent in, didn't even compare to the pain I felt, when she was hurting you. So, when you never came back into the cell, I could hear you crying, and I remember being a ball, unable to speak because of the pain. It wasn't until Tabitha returned, and I barely understood what she was saying, but she seemed to say that we had a bond, ones sort of like mates but more a guardianship. I am your guardian Accalia" Luca softly spoke, almost like he was disappointed in himself.

"I made a deal with her, she was meant to stop hurting you, in return she could do whatever she wanted to me, and I signed a death contract, Binding me and Tabitha's agreement for eternity. Enclosed, was that you would not know of my pain, torture, or hear my screams.... ever" Luca sobbed while tears ran down his face.

"I thought she let you go, because I heard nothing from you, until I felt the pain again, the one that happened when am assuming you turned, and then I heard your scream again...I knew it was you when I saw that wolf"

I just ran to his side and hugged him, his giant shadow covering my small frame. While we both cried, screaming out our pain from the last eight years. We where free... for now.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke up in a sweat, the nightmares haunting my sleep, ones of Tabitha torturing me, on replay. Or the one of her dragging me from Luca. It was a constant loop when I slept...If I ever did. When I straighten up, I saw Luca sat by the fire, burning small leaves and twigs.

"Can't sleep?" I questioned him.

He solemnly nodded, "Night-time was almost as worse as the daytime, the terrors seemed to be a constant reminder" he added.

The Sun started breaking over the trees, feeling the warmth over my aching body was welcomed, while I heard the wildlife of the morning forest awaken. However, then I heard a noise, felt the atmosphere change, Luca seemed to notice as he locked eyes with me.

A bush starting rattling, my heart was pounding in my heart, Luca standing protectively in front of me, both of us waiting for a strike or some type of aggressor.

Then I could feel all the eyes, I could sense them all, they wanted us to be intimated by them.

"Who are you both, and why are you on my pack land" a rather angry man appeared from the depth of the Forrest, and suddenly all the eyes in the trees came forward, transforming.... They where werewolves like me.

However, they didn't seem too friendly.... Have we just met another danger or are we safe?