Chapter 8: Mourning the Crimson

Alpha Olivander Davis POV:

Obviously, we knew who the two kids where when we saw them on the pack boarder... well we didn't expect the alert of intruders to be them though.

I am stood in my office looking out of my window watching my son spare, while my beta losing his head at how this witch should be murders, Zachary Emrick's my wife, my Luna's best friend but also my head of communications with the Vampire covens.... That is because he is a vampire... strange... even stranger for a werewolf pack, but he protected my wife since they were children, and if just based it on that, I would have still allowed him to stay with us. But he was useful, specially within these recent years.

The story of the two high pack/coven children future heirs being taken by the Witch who controlled the uncontrollable rogues, was known throughout all kinds. The pack: Crimson Moon Pack that Accalia is from, went into despair after the murder of their Luna and kidnapping of their future heir. The Alpha has much respect in all other packs, he still shows at all meetings, and we simply allow him to sit, maybe it is because we pity him as his family died within an instance or the fact his pack is basically only women and farmers now. Or maybe it Is because he was once the strongest Alpha, the mighty Alpha Silvers, with the powerful and godlike ancestors, all know their tales of Red Alphas, strong, fast, and blessed by the Moon Goddess herself. However, they fell, all the strong fighters left to other packs, leaving women, children, and the odd mated man, who became farmers.

Tabitha Grimsbane gave warning to all packs and covens, in her plan to destroy them, it did stop many wars and fights within the lands, especially with the vampires, as we had a common enemy.

Apart from the coven Luca came from, the Night Shadow Coven, they seemed to ignore or simply didn't care their heir, their future elder, was taken. There was news of them taking over smaller packs, or even killing off other vampires to have more power.

Zachary, held a look of remorse, retelling us all what Luca, told him and the doctor. How he was stolen when he was 8 years old, how he was kept for a few days, being tortured, until Accalia was put into his cell. How when he met Accalia they shared his bond, and the torture that Tabitha put Accalia through was an intense, an internal pain he felt... so he sacrificed himself for a little girl he barely knew. How the torture, was intense, with the witch playing with science, dark magic, and pure evil, she made him a lab rat. It was clear, that the boy, a vampire or not was trustworthy, and I will ensure I tell him so. Be damned to the vampire and werewolf rivalry we have.... He is one amazing kid.

Zachary told us of the scars the kid had, how they where from his wrists to his toes, how he had been opened, how starved he was, how lucky he was that we found him, as we saved him from death. My Beta stood like a ghost, quiet, almost pale looking at the stories Zachary retold us; we both have boys, this is our worse fear as a parent.

"Do we know anything about the girls injuries yet, the boy stayed silent on those part, he said he never saw her again, never felt her pain after the first torture, until the day they escape... I asked how... all he said was, "It isn't my story to tell" and went quiet." Zachary clearly taken back by the respect and resilience this kid has, sat with his hands in his hair.

Just when I went to say no, the door went...

Knock...Knock...Knock...

"Alpha Davis... Its Dr Holloway..."

Before she could even finish her sentence, we all shouted her in awaiting news.

I felt sick to my stomach, how the doctor managed to keep a straight face I don't know how. That poor little girl.

"Well, the torture seemed to be given to her, for the same time scale as the boy, in my professional opinion, I am surprised she is alive, the scars she has may never heal due to the injuries being sustained before her change into her wolf... however I am afraid, that is not all she went through... it does get worse..." the doctor eased.

"How can it get worse, from the age of 5, she has been attacked, cut open, mentally and physically tortured... I doubt it can get worse!" Beta Marcus Twain exasperated.

"This Tabitha Grimsbane played both with magic and science... Accalia... she was forced to changed due to an injection and the witches magic. That is how they escaped... her wolf went rogue, hurt Tabitha, and killed all the other rogues.... She hasn't heard from her wolf since" the doctor explained while blinking away tears.

I fell to my seat, unable to hold my own body weight, we all stayed in silence.

"How did she survive such a change...that pain... would have been... deadly?" my Beta Marcus breathed out.

Then out of know where my Luna entered and spoke out "It is because she is special!"

Her eyes where red and puffy, clearly had been crying, she looked destroyed, I had not seen her this way since... the death of her best friend... Luna Hazel Silvers.

"We need to ring him, and tell him... we found her... its time" my Luna sniffed out.