June 10th, 2022

All of these announcements are delayed by, like, over a week, but whoops!  No time like the present? U^.^ 

Rise and Fall of Exchange Fairies

Hey, Exchangers!  It fills me with a sad heart to say DomiSotto is stepping down as an Exchange fairy.  She's still with us in the club and other clubs, but she's been a fairy for us for over a year, and she's the longest one to have been with us.  Her presence shall be greatly missed, but I wish her all of the luck with the things she's shifting her focus to!  

With that said, though, another of our members, axgirl13, is stepping up to be our third Dreamland Exchange fairy!  So, although we've said so long ago when she joined the club, let's give her a warm welcome as a fairy!

Too Much Hunting!

So, few notes for our Hunters.  

First off, and nobody is gonna like this... The Galaxy/BotM entry numbers are going from 30 chapters and 150 points to 40 chapters and 200 points.

Before anyone whines and asks why, it's twofold.  

One, we currently have OVER TWENTY-FIVE Galaxy members.  Galaxy was always supposed to be something hard to achieve, a real reward for those working extra hard.  It's not supposed to have half/a third of our members there xD Like, I'm so happy for those of you finding books you really love and really going for them, but...

Galaxy isn't supposed to be something you can achieve in the last few days.  Yes, that's the other issue.  This is a reward for those who truly gave during the month.  Yes, it's also a goal, but it's supposed to be a goal you have to work really hard for.  And we've had various people right at the end just binge-read to get to Galaxy.  It's not the spirit of what Galaxy is meant to be.

Put A Little Heart Into It...

Also on that note.  The other thing we need to address with Hunt... Guys.  We've said this before, and I'm saying it again.  HUNT GIVES YOU AN ENTIRE MONTH.  We are swamped in the final week of Hunt by those just barely getting to the bare minimum.  Hunt is low commitment.  It gives you a month because we know you're busy.  But guess what?  You're not busy if every month you somehow, someway have this single day where "oh, you can do the bare minimum" or "oh, you can suddenly achieve Galaxy."  No, 95% of the time it's members not handling time correctly and not caring how much the fairies then have to exhaust themselves checking so much stuff in the span of a few days.

Just so you know.  It took me 90 minutes yesterday to check all of the comments done.  And that was after other fairies had checked before.  Now imagine that with 30 members suddenly all having to report in the last 7 or less days.

Please, guys.  Hunt is a month long to give you a chance to breathe.  It isn't a month long so that you can wait until the final 5 days and making it so the fairies can't breathe.

(This is not me upset with people who read a lot or who are busy.  This is me pleading with those who just don't consider how unfair they're being to the fairies and the ones they're reading for because the comments are rushed).

On this.  Another reminder.  Please report within a few days of doing your reading.  Please please please.  Nothing is worse than comments being buried because someone is reporting an entire week later, if not even longer after.  Again.  Just have some consideration for your fairies.  I know some people just forget, but do your best to remember.  Please.

And Final Hunt Thing!

So, I legit almost forgot.  Something like this will be added to the actual Hunt book, but we just wanted to give some examples of ways to do a good report for the Fairies' benefits.

Read chapter 3 of Shadewylf by @SpruceWolf (Dreamer/Partner)

Taste of Home by @sandydragon1 (Galaxy)
Chapters 1-5

The Dragon's Scale by @Cross-Warrior 
Galaxy Partner Book
Read Ch 1.2, Ch 1.2, Ch 2.3 

These are just some examples, but as you can see, they all list the title, the author, the type of book it is, if partners.  Basically all the important info that we the fairies need to know when checking the report.  

Okay, now I think that's all for real... 

Never stop dreaming!
- Cross