Chapter 7- Getting to Know You

As soon as Chris walked back into the room, You and Scott stopped talking and Scott swiftly walked out to change. You made your way over to the stove and once again Chris was behind you.
"You really need to stop doing this, your on vacation plus you need to rest your ankle." With saying this Chris once again picked you up to carry you over to the table to eat.

Once you were in his arms, your hands instantly went around his neck. Before he sat you down he spoke again. "Y/N, I feel like I've known you forever... I know this whole thing was crazy... but I'm glad you said yes." Chris says softly while putting you down. With his hands lingering on your back, he looked deep into your eyes as if to say more. Dodger picked this time to bark, reminding Chris he was still there and wanted some love.

You both shook your heads before Chris made his way back over to the stove to dish you both a plate. Scott finally came back in, "Dude, I'm worn out... oh look FOOD! Y/N, you are da bomb!" You shook your head and smiled. The three of you sat to eat and talked more about life.

"Soooo.... Y/N..... how long are you here for?" Scott said in between bites of food.
"Well my ticket is for the day after New Years... which is what like two days away? Being on break messes with my days... I can never remember what day it is"
"Well, Chris NORMALLY has a big party on New Year's ,but NOT THIS YEAR!" Scott said in a huff.
"Whoa someone's not bitter AT ALL!" Chris said with an eye roll. "I told YOU I wanted to go low key this year....If you want, Y/N, you come with us to ma's... she won't care... she loves having people over..."

"Well I don't see why not... don't really have a place to go now do I..." you looked pointedly at Chris.
"Well... it's been fun.... But..." Scott yawns, "I'm going to take a nap... See ya!" Scott got up, took his dishes to the sink and walked out. You looked back at Chris to find him staring at you.
"You have stunning eyes, Y/N.... I'm sorry.... I don't know what has come over me." Chris shakes his head and gets up to help you.

"Chris... it's fine... it's not the first time someone has made a comment about my eyes... it just usually comes from way older men." Chris looked at you and giggled. You smiled up at Chris and then said " well if you want to take a nap don't let me keep you... I'll find a book or something. "

"I don't think I'm as tried as Scott. How about I make some coffee and we go into the living room and watch something?" You look at with approving nod and head to the living room. Not too long Chris comes in with coffees in hand. " So what da ya wanna watch?"

You thought for a moment. "Well there are a couple of really great movies with a really good actor in them... one he plays a cranky uncle and the other one I think he directed and stared in..." It took him a moment  for him to realize you were talking about Gifted and Before You Go. " Unless there is something else you wanted to watch...."

"You like those movies?"
"Yeah, I think it shows different side to what you normally play... I mean so does Knives Out or even The Red Sea Diving Resort.  You are great in anything Marvel, but I like seeing actors go outside their normal box and try something different. I did show my class Superpower Dogs, which they loved." The whole time you were talking, Chris was slightly blushing but had a proud look on his face.

"I don't know what to say, Y/N, ... thank you..." Chris gave you a half grin which had your heart melting. Oh my... not that grin... oh please just stop! Why did I ever say yes...
"How about a TV show like Friends... we can watch one of those movies tonight." You nodded at Chris and he put on Friends.

You both sat on the couch, next to each other, watching TV when Chris asked a question "So.... I hope you don't mind me asking... but... why aren't you dating...." Chris had turned his head to look at you.

You thought a minute before you spoke. " I get this question a lot believe it or not... Well... it's not like I wouldn't love to be dating or even married.... But I'm not going to rush into a commitment. I just don't want to date around to fill a need. I'm not going to settle for just anyone just because everyone I know is in a relationship. I want a love that everyone can see it was meant to be, almost like soulmates. You know,it just fits... I have seen a few marriages like that. I plan on only getting married once and that's it... I know it wouldn't be like a Disney movie or anything... I just want someone who is willing to work at our marriage... to keep it strong." You shake your head slightly  "You know I don't think I have ever really have told anyone this before..." You looked at Chris to see him deep in thought.

"That is very deep... I guess I've dated a lot because I'm trying to fill a need...I think I find the girl for me and then something happens to mess it up... maybe I need to start looking for someone that's not part of my world. But then I think it would be hard for her to understand the life I lead.... I don't want my career to be the cause of problems in our relationship... I really don't know what I'm looking for anymore... I want to settle down and start a family, someone to do life with... I mean I'm pushing almost 40!" Chris was gently rubbing his hands on his pants as he looked at you.

You took his hand in yours and gently said to him, " One day you'll find that girl and you'll just know... she'll be the one you can't get out of your thoughts at night... taking your breath away... Don't worry Chris it will happen when you at least expect....my grandma always said there's a lid for every pot..." You smiled at him and he smiled back at you.
"Thank you, Y/N.... It's nice to know there are other people out there that have some of the same problems. "

You stayed close to each, with his hand in yours. Not to long after, his head dropped on your shoulder and you could feel light snores. You ran your free hand over his head and kissed his temple.
"You'll find her, don't worry..."