Chapter 20 "My Lonely Days are Over"

Mrs Evans... I like the sound of that.
Smiling to yourself, Chris picked you up bridal style and carried you down the aisle. Once out the door he kissed you softly. Pulling back he placed his head on yours.

"I love you"
"I love you, now and forever."

He slowly let you down still holding on to your waist as the wedding guest came out the door. Scott made sure he was first along with your best friend.
"Im soooo glad I got to wittiness this! Best day ever!" Scott had a giddy expression on his face as he squeezed you.

"Y/N, Chris, you two look soo happy! Almost makes me want to get married... almost" Your best friend says laughing.

The next couple of hours was a whirlwind of excitement. It was the day you dreamed of with the man of your dreams.

There were bets being placed on who would smash the cake first or if it would even happen.
You each took a small piece of cake to feed each other but you already decided to rub it in Chris's face.

Before Chris even had a chance, you take the cake, smear it in his bread and face and quickly back away.
Chris was stunned just for a minute.
"Oooo so this is how we are going to play now..."

He was able to grab your wrist, pulling you forward into a bear hug. He take a piece of cake and rubs it in your face. He then rubs his bread along your face and neck making you giggle.

"CHRIS! Stop!!.....I'm sorry!" Still laughing you reach for his lips, giving him a cake kiss.
"Love, you should know better." He said with a half sided grin.
Not too long after that your wedding song came on and you both slowed danced to "At Last" by Etta James. As the song played,the words made you think of how they were so very true of your love story.

It was a little after midnight when Chris pulled you outside.
"I need a moment alone with you..."
You looked up in to his blue eyes seeing the love in them.
"You know it was a year ago today I meet you... Y/N... Im glad you said yes... I will spend everyday showing you how much I love you. You fill my soul."

"Oh Chris... I never would have thought any of this would have happen when I bumped into you. I would not change a thing... I love you so much it hurts."

The snow was lightly falling when Chris dipped his head down and kissed you.
"Just wait till later..." he looks at you with that mischievous grin. "Something else might hurt later."

You swatted his chest and laughed.

Very much later the next day Scott sent you a picture.

Peeping Scotty: Hey there! Hope I'm not interrupting anything

Peeping Scotty: Hey there! Hope I'm not interrupting anything..... anywho.... Caught you two last night....😍🥰😏
You: well you might have about 5 minutes ago😏😜 jk...Awww this is just the cutest! I love it! Thank you😘
Peeping Scotty: 🥰

You look over to a still sleeping Chris and brush his hair back. This man made your heart full. The love you had for him you knew would only grow even more. You lean down a put soft kisses on his temple, spending your life with him would be adventurous.