A King's Reign

This chapter will be more focused on Iowa, and I'm still working. I'll only be home on Saturdays until July.

Yelling/time skip/date/pov
Talking
Thoughts
________________________________

2 weeks later
Near Sakura Empire base
USS Iowa

Iowa could be seen standing on his second turret staring into the distance ready for a fight. He was going to reveal himself to the world once more, and he's aiming for a dramatic entrance.

Iowa was wearing his normal clothes except he had a trenchcoat and a holster holding a handgun on his left thigh. His flag was in his right hand waving in the wind showing all 50 stars.

In the distance he could see flashes of blue, and in all honesty. He was worried. Worried about Tirpitz and Colonel. Worried about his sisters and all other service ships that were retired. And he only had one thought. Why? Why fight your former Allies with your enemy's technology?

Iowa couldn't understand the situation Iron Blood and the Sakura Empire could be in to cause this. All seemed good until they split. Almost as if the Sirens were planning to strike them while they fight each other. And he wouldn't allow it. Sure he doesn't need to fight anymore, but that's just not who he is. He is BB-61, USS Iowa, first ship of his class and the end of an era. If this war will be his end, then so be it. But he'll make sure to finish it himself before he sinks.
_______________________________

A week earlier

Iowa and Tirpitz could be seen on the bow of their ships returning to the Iron Blood base. Iowa knew he wouldn't be welcomed and was ready to say bye.

Iowa: I guess this is where we part.

Tirpitz: What?

Iowa: They won't let me in no matter what, and I can understand why.

Tirpitz: No. No I'm not leaving you.

Iowa: I'm not ordering you to leave, now I'm asking you for your safety. Remember, I'll always love you, even if you hate me to ends of this world. Know why? Because you matter to me.

With no idea how to respond to Iowa besides crying, somewhat, Tirpitz gave Iowa a big hug before giving him their unknowingly last kiss.

Iowa was torn. He didn't want to fight anymore, but if he didn't more would suffer. And his role of every fleet he was a part of was to provide support, no matter what it may be. He was ready for the end, but would give one hell of a fight. After all, he still had his trump card. The W23. A shell with a nuclear payload. And he can shoot nine of these shells at once.

With one last final hug, Iowa said bye because good byes are for when you never plan on seeing them again.
____________________________

Present time
USS Iowa

Iowa could now hear explosions meaning he was close. He could also hear a male voice. It's strange considering Tirpitz told him that their were only female kansans.

From what he could see, it was the Pacific War all over again. With most ships either EU or SE, with some IB and RN sprinkled in there.

As his sisters always said...

Iowa: Strength forged through sacrifice. Never forget.
_______________________________

USS Alabama

Bama wasn't having fun. He was playing the role as a distraction and shooting down and dodging said plans were not fun. Now put other ships in there.