9

Akaashi: Hey.

Bokuto was on his bed, bouncing with excitement. Akaashi wasn't ghosting him! Akaashi is willing to text! He hadn't scared the Painter away!

Bokuto: hey hey heyyyyyyyy!!!

Bokuto: what's up? 

It was a few moments before a response came through. 

Akaashi: I'm painting again. What are you up to?

Bokuto: ahh so formal! 

Bokuto: I'm just…

Bokuto trailed off, gazing around his room. What was he doing? He quickly pulled over his backpack and began to retype his message. 

Bokuto: I'm studyingggg

There was another brief pause before a message gets sent back.

Akaashi: Sorry for distracting you then. I'll stop texting. 

Bokuto almost smacked himself. That was not what he wanted to happen. He quickly kicked his backpack away, giving it a glare for good measure. 

Bokuto: nope nope I'm done with studying…yuck

Bokuto: whatcha painting!?

Akaashi: Studying is fun. 

Bokuto made a face at his phone. He chose to ignore what Akaashi said and act like it never happened. 

Akaashi: I am painting a landscape. 

Bokuto: ooooo! one with trees?

Akaashi: No. A beach. 

Bokuto: sooooo

Bokuto: no trees then? 

Akaashi: No, no trees. 

Bokuto felt the conversation simmer down. He felt sad though. And a little put out. 

How would he continue the conversation? 

Thankfully he didn't have to, as a minute later another text came through. 

Akaashi: What do you do in your free time? 

Bokuto: ooo I play volleyball!!

Bokuto: and piano!!!

Bokuto: and sometimes I go to the local Taekwondo place and practice some!! Its so fun there

Akaashi: Nice! You do a lot of activities that all seem fun. 

Bokuto: yeah, they're kinda random too but I like them all!! 

Bokuto: can't just pick one, yanno?

Akaashi: I just do art. 

Bokuto face-palmed. If this texting scenario kept ending up with him unintentionally providing comments that could make Akaashi feel put off, then this was not a good start. Quickly, he starts typing away in an attempt to fix his mistake.

Bokuto: but I'm sure a lot of different things go into art 

Bokuto: like pencils 

Bokuto: and paints 

Bokuto: and you sketch too 

Bokuto: with pens 

Bokuto stopped there, grimacing. He felt as if he had just dug himself a bigger grave. He glanced at his window. 

Would it be bad to see if Akaashi was in his room? Bokuto mulled over the pros and cons. 

If the window was open, then it should be okay, right? While his phone remained silent and no messages came through, Bokuto snuck over to his window and looked out. The angle was odd and he couldn't see much unless he fully opened it up, but he could see Akaashi standing and shaking. 

Is he crying? Did I hurt his feelings? Oh gosh, I screwed this up horribly. 

He gulped, before turning back to his phone and writing out an apology for the previous texts. 

In the midst of it though, a new message came in. 

Akaashi: You're very funny, Bokuto

Bokuto felt a sigh escape his lips and his shoulders relax astronomically. 

Akaashi was laughing. I made Akaashi laugh. 

He smiled at his phone, feeling better.