iii. BIGGER PROBLEMS

season four

chapter four, dear billy

THE school doors slam, echoing the school. "Jesus!" Lucas exclaims quietly. He moves the flashlight around, looking around for the group. "Come on." He opens each door to check for them. The couple was doing that for a while.

"Are you sure they're here?" Pi whispers to him. "That's what they said." He sighs. "Over here." They jog down the hall, opening more doors to find nothing. Pi runs over, seeing someone about to hit him.

This caused him to scream, making Lucas run towards him in a panic. "Guys! Stop! It's me!" Lucas yells out, the light getting flashed at the two. "Lucas?" Max says.

They all look at Pi, who was in the floor from falling. "Jesus, what the hells wrong with you two?! I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve says to them. "Why the hell is Pi with you?" Dustin spoke, flashing the night at the shy boy.

Lucas helps him up. "What? I couldn't leave him there." "Leave him where?" Nancy asked him. Lucas and him were out of breath, panting. "W-We we're biking for eight miles." He explains to them.

He points his finger out, "give me a second. shit." Pi pats on his back. "I didn't think you were actual friends with someone from the basketball team.." Dustin mutters as he rubs his ear.

"We've got a code red." Lucas spoke after calming down. He walks towards Dustin, "we've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy and they've totally gone off the rails." Lucas starts. "They're trying to capture Eddie, they think they know where he is. You're in terrible danger." Pi tells Dustin.

He looks at them both, making a face. "All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks but we've got bigger problems than Jason now." 

The next morning, Pi sat on a couch in the basement of Lucas's friends house. There, Steve, Lucas, and Dustin sat in front of him as they explain what was going on.

Pi now knew this is probably what Lucas was telling him about in the woods because all of this? Sounded so fucking fake. "Do you..." Lucas spoke slowly. "Have any questions?"

Pi looked up at him, furrowing his eyebrows. "So, there's monsters from Hawkins, a girl who use to have powers could save it from closing the gate, and you think there's a monster out and after your friend so you're trying to take it down again?" Pi questions so he makes sure he's not...in a different reality.

Dustin claps, "so he gets it! You have a very smart friend, Lucas."

Nancy and Robin jog down the stairs in a hurry. "Okay so..." Robin sighs. "We have a plan."