006

Science was shit. Sitting next to Beckhams is shit, sitting next to his twin brother not so much. For what felt like the first time in my life, a boy invite me to hangout with him. And of course it was in the same old spot.

As I get close I can see Brooks, that's good. At least I know I didn't get stood up. When I reach him he gives me a welcoming smile, and helps me onto the wall. "Hey Ruth, how are you?" Brooks asks me, I take a seat next to him and relax my body. "I'm alright." I reply, it feels good to talk too Brooks. I just hope I don't mess up ,again.

"What's wrong." Brooks stands up while asking me, he picks up some rocks and begins skimming them. "Just people I don't like." I'm careful not to tell him, who I don't like. Beckham knows I know Brooks, but Brooks doesn't know I know Beckham. "I dislike many people too." Brooks tells me, letting me in.

"Like who?" I question him.

"My father," he begins, "people who go too my school, my father, people who don't like hockey. Oh, I did I mention my father?"

I stop myself from asking questions, but instead take offence into what he's just said. "And by any chance is the hockey one aimed at me?" I question him.

"Maybe."

"So you don't like me?"

"Of course I like you, who wouldn't?"

I take this as my opportunity to let him know my secret. "Your brother definitely doesn't like me."

"You know Beckham?" Brooks questions me, he's stopped skimming the stones and his full attention is on me. "Yep, he's a real dick." I reveal my disliking for him.

"Tell me about it." Brooks agrees.

"I have to sit next to him in science, and I've never wanted to punch someone it the face. He's good at hockey though I'll give him that."

"You've watched one game of hockey, and decided my brothers the best at it. You must like him, wouldn't be surprised everyone does." Up until this monument I've liked Brooks, right now definitely not.

"I don't like Beckham. He alway annoys me and makes fun of me." I vent.

"You wanna know something, that'll annoy him?"

"Of course."

"He's a traitor." Brooks says, traitor?

"What do you mean traitor?" I question Brooks, while sitting closer next to him. He welcomes me next to him, as he budges up to me. "You know how in any sport teams have there rivals?" Brooks begins, I nod my head in response.

"Beckham went to Westwood, then moved to Huxley. Making him a traitor to Westwood."

"Is that why you hate him so much?" I joke, Brooks doesn't seem to find it funny though.

"No, and back about hockey you wait until Westwood vs Huxley. I'll be the one who scores the last minute winner."

"Really?"

"Yep. You just wait."

I watch Brooks walk away with a smile on his face. But all he has done is left me wondering, what really happened with the Matthews?

A/n-sorry this one's short, I haven't had the motivation. Thank you so much for 30k reads , I appreciate everyone of you<3

 Thank you so much for 30k reads , I appreciate everyone of you<3