010

Saturday, finally.

I drag myself out of bed, then manage to get the energy to walk downstairs. My dad and brother are nowhere to be seen, I'm pretty sure Dylan stormed of after my dad and him had another fight. I begin a quick search for food, and realise quickly we have none. I walk back up stairs, and rummage my wardrobe for clothes. Once dressed I brush my teeth and wash my hands and face. I quickly text my dad letting him now my where about before I leave.

Dad

I've gone to a cafe to get something to eat x

No response, what a surprise. I don't have to walk far to find a small cafe. It's very homey looking, it's covered in plants and smells like scented candles. There only two other people in here and one of them is serving at the counter. I look around before taking my pick it where to sit. I choose the corner, mostly to behind and out of the way.

"Do you know what you'd like?" A soft voice says, there's a girl stood at my table. Her hair is the prettiest shade of ginger, she looks tired but still has a smile on her face. "Pancakes and a hot chocolate please." I reply.

"A hot chocolate? You sure, you know it's boiling out there?" Her reply is a little unexpected, but I just laugh along with her.

"Yeah, I know."

She takes my menu and walks back to the counter, but I still here her voice, "hey Atty."

My attention is turned towards the counter, Atlas is stood there with his usual smile. He notices me and walks over, "you mind?" He asks me before sitting down. "No not at all."

"So you work here?" I ask him, his hair is in it's usual messy state.

"No, my mum owns this cafe though." He tells me. "So you excited for the game?"

"No." I say.

"I couldn't care less if Brooks is your boyfriend, but what are you going to do if we win. Act like you never liked Brooks and screw him, loose him over a bet. Or if we loose act like you do go out with Brooks, and let Beckham be right." I haven't even thought about it. I just hoped for the best.

"I'll just pray for a draw then. I'll stay friends with both of them." I answer.

"Oh so Beckhams your friend now?"

"Shut up."

"If we win, are you going to the party after or no?" Atlas puts a new thought in my head.

"Maybe I don't know."

"Do you like li," before Atlas can finish his sentences he's cut off. "Pancakes and a hot chocolate." The girl places my food and drink on the table. "Thank you."

"Hot chocolate? Do you know how warm it is out there?" Atlas judges me. I couldn't care less how hot it was, I like hot chocolate. "Yes, I'm aware."

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"I don't know where my dad or brother have stormed of too, and we have no food." I tell him.

"Oh."

"Atlas, get your ass back here." A voice behind the counter shouts. There's a boy stood there, he looks nearly identical to Atlas, just a little bit older. "One second." Atlas shouts back.

Before Atlas leaves he speaks again, "do you wanna hang out with us tonight? We are of to the beach, you can invite Maddie if you want."

"Sure."

We've been walking round the beach for the past fifteen minutes trying to find something to do. The boys having had many ideas, all that were awful.

"Is there not an arcade somewhere?" I ask them.

"There is actually." Seth replies, "who wants to go?" Everyone answers with a yes and we begin walking in the other direction.

"Right what are we going to do first?" Maddie asks. We all look around for something to do, Mason comes up with an idea first "air hockey?" Everyone smiles and walks over to the tables, Maddie and Seth are already paired up one so I guess I'm with Atlas. "I'm playing Mason." Atlas tells us.

"Okay." Mason agrees. For fuck sake. Beckham is already stood at the other table waiting for me, "come one Ruth, come and get your ass kicked."

I walk over and stand at the other end, "oh you're on." Beckham puts in four quarters. The puck drops at my end, so I place it on the table. My first shot I miss, so does Beckham. He fires it back at me, I hit it and it gos in. "Yes!"

"Calm down Ruthy, I'm still going to win." Ruthy? Is he having me on? "You wish, Becky."

He places the puck back onto the table and scores. Beckham cheers and has a smirk on his face, "told you."

We both miss out next shots, I realise why I've been missing mine. His arm is blocking most of the goal,
"oh my god you are such a cheater!"

"What? It's a tat-tic."

"Tat-tic my ass, you're just worried I'll win."

"Am not." With saying this he lifts his arm up, I shoot the puck at him and it goes in. I laugh and the game ends. "Told you I'll win."

"Oh shut up."

"What, you upset that I won? That I beat you at a game that includes your favourite sport?""

"Let's have another round, but on the basketball game instead." Beckhams says. He destroys me. I've never been good at basketball never will be. "One last round on the dance machine?"

"Of course." Beckham replies.

Beckham chooses a song, and we both begin dancing. Until he falls, I can't help him up as I'm having a laughing fit and I'm pretty sure he's having one on the floor too. "Oh my god are you okay?" I manage to get out.

"I don't know." He replies still laughing. He manages to get up laughing, "let's go find the others."

We search around for a while, until we find them waiting at the door. "Photo booth?" Maddie asks. Between me and Maddie we manage to get the boys to agree, and then we all manage to squish in.

A/n-thank you so much for 50k reads it's unbelievable. I'm so great full for the support 🤍

 I'm so great full for the support 🤍