1

San Francisco, California

Ashley kept quiet beside Dick as she waited for their targets to emerge from the tent inside the lab. She felt his gaze occasionally shift to her but pettily kept her gaze straight forward as she was still uneager to forgive him for his abandonment months ago. She sighed in boredom and contemplated just storming them before leaning back on the bean and waiting to be able to drop when she saw movement. She smirked and Dick moved to be on top of one of the manufacturing tents. Ashley quietly cracked her knuckles and took in a deep breath, waiting for the signal. Dick threw one of his escrima sticks into Gizmo's guard. "Hell yeah" Ashley smirked and when Gizmo and friends turned to face Dick, Ashley decided to alter her plan as she saw Gizmo getting away. "I got him" Ashley said over comms. 

"Ashley" Dick warned over comms as he attacked the guard that stopped to try to hold him back. 

"Don't Ashley me" She scoffed. "I own this team" She reminded him.

"You own the home" Dick sighed. 

"Same thing" Ashley said, jumping over one of the guards with a smirk and throwing one guard into another. "Piece of cake" Ashley smirked as she grabbed another guard's weapon, smashed it over his head, and rammed into the gut of another guard who attempted to attack and pushed him over the railing and Ashley laughed. "Shit this is fun" Ashley said. "Three."

"Five" Dick said to her. 

"Dammit" Ashley said, pushing another two guards into each other and kicking them over the railing, and flung the stray guard after him. "Six."

"Eight" Dick replied. 

"Asshole" Ashley growled and flicked him in the ear when he got close to her. 

"You know you missed me" Dick smirked down and took down the guard who was about to attack. 

"Gizmo's mine" Ashley said, pushing him backward. "I'm winning the count if it kills me" Ashley muttered and almost flung herself into a guard. She grabbed a hold of him and with her newly acquired super strength, threw him like a bowling ball into two more guards, taking them down almost immediately. Ashley stepped over them and grinned menacingly at the next guard, who she body slammed into a wall and pulled on his arm to move him before kicking him into another guard. "Twelve" Ashley grunted as she took down another guard, listening to Dick take down more guards. 

"Seventeen" Dick said over comms. 

"Fuck you" Ashley sneered. 

"Any time sweetheart" Dick smirked at her from the walkway behind her. "Also, you're rusty." 

"You're sleeping in your own bed Dickhead" Ashley frowned and flipped him off. 

"Like I said, name the time and place" Dick said, the grin on his face nearing a shit-eating level. 

"I'm moving back to Gotham" Ashley sneered. 

"You'd miss me too much" Dick teased. 

"I lived without you for the equivalent of fourteen years, I can live fourteen more without you" Ashley rolled her eyes. 

"You'd miss Gar and Connor too much" Dick commented. 

"And Kory, just not you" Ashley waved back at him sarcastically before taking down five guards at a time. "Seventeen, fuck your chicken strips" Ashley said, running off to keep up with Gizmo

"You love my chicken strips" Dick joked before wincing when he heard Ashley break a guard's bones and throw him over the railing. "That was overkill."

"I'll fucking show you overkill" Ashley rolled her eyes before running into the next barricade of guards. "Oh come on guys, I'm just a girl" Ashley said, holding her hands up in mock surrender and smirking as they looked at each other in confusion. Ashley sprung forward and cracked their skulls together and pushed them both off of the walkway and continued to march forward. "Come on Gizmo" Ashley sang. "You know I just wanna play" Ashley taunted with a smirk. Ashley continued to run ahead of Dick before deciding to take the vents to land the final hit on Gizmo.