Prologue

London, England, United Kingdom

Ashley stared out the window, the dark clouds and rain making her feel more at home by the day. The ghosts of her past were non-existent in the dreary, cold land that Ashley had found herself in as she found herself desperately wishing for the pangs of hurt that demanded she returned to her former lover and families sides along with her body's silent demand to travel to Themyscria to sit by Donna and Rachel's sides. "Good fucking God" Ashley muttered with a sigh. "Maybe if I go to eastern Siberia you'll shut the hell up" Ashley said to herself, alone in the two-story home she sat in alone. Ashley heard her phone ping and pulled it out to check if it was anything important from one of the teenagers and instead found yet another text message from Dick. Ashley rolled her eyes, wondering what he wanted this time, and scoffed when she read his message. 'Call me, we have to talk.' Ashley closed the message, knowing that his way of begging her to come back to San Francisco, and gritted her teeth. She had to put herself and if putting herself meant finalizing everything for her tower in London, then she could ignore him for yet another week. Instead of replying like a graceful adult, Ashley called for her chauffeur. She had work to do and Dick Grayson would have to learn to play second fiddle. "If it was fucking important the kids would call" Ashley huffed to herself.

"Miss Wayne, the Chauffeur has arrived" Her butler told her and Ashley nodded.

"Thank you Charles" Ashley said with a soft smile and grabbed her purse as her phone pinged again with another message from Dick. 'Please' was all that it read and Ashley resisted the urge to scream.

'I'm busy. Unless it's about the kids, leave me alone' was Ashley's reply response. After she pressed send, Ashley walked out the door and opened her umbrella as she stepped into the rain. "God my Prada's wet" Ashley grumbled in the midst of the downpour.

♠️♠️♠️

Ashley wanted to scream as she stepped off the plane, disappointed to be back in America. "It could be worse, you're in New York" Zatanna yelled from the SUV.

"Babes!" Ashley squealed happily when she saw her. "I haven't seen you in forever" Ashley yelled happily.

"I know, you whore!" Zatanna screamed back.

"I missed too, bitch" Ashley fake sobbed.

"Get in, those damn brits have had possession of you long enough! You're mine now" Zatanna smirked.

"Oh, I'm gonna die" Ashley said nervously as her crew put her luggage in the back of the Land Cruiser.

"Oh, you're gonna be fine if you can still handle your alcohol" Zatanna smirked. "Besides, I need to be caught up tea and Roy isn't spilling"

"He's a good brother, what can I say?" Ashley asked rhetorically.

"He may be a good brother, but you gotta explain to me why Dick Grayson was whining about wanting you back after you took his ass back" Zatanna said flippantly.

"I'm out of the states for three months and he's already doing that shit?" Ashley sighed. "That fuckhead needs to grow the hell up" Ashley grumbled as she clicked her seatbelt into place.

"Oh, now you're definitely talking" Zatanna said seriously, driving off. Ashley thanked whatever God was watching out for that she didn't have to drive in New York City traffic while she attempted to think of a way to get herself out of Zatanna's prying about her current relationship with Dick.

"Look, I love you more than life itself babes" Ashley said to Zatanna. "But right now, Roy, Dinah, Oliver, and my Dad are the only people outside of the team who has any inkling of what went down. I'd like to keep it that instead of going between wanting to become a shell of a person again and just wanting to scream and throw shit at the wall, okay?" Ashley conceded to Zatanna, who kept side-eyeing the superhero when it was safe in traffic.