Fiance to Be...

Alcina's POV

Why did mother and father ever bring me along to this party... After introducing me to potential clients for business, I got out for a while to take a breather. I was about to take a smoke when I noticed that I wasn't alone on the balcony. A young lady in a blue dress was there. She was looking at the white rose garden. I don't know why but she looked mesmerizing under the lighting on the balcony. With her petite frame and feathery light blonde hair blown by a gentle breeze. One might think she was an enchanting princess from a fairy tale story. She hasn't noticed my presence as her back is facing me so I didn't know what she looked like until a voice far behind me called.

"Miss there you are. Your father is looking for you. It's almost time to go." The man said. I was able to get a glimpse of her face as she turned around to face the man. She had very stunning pink rose eyes and natural fine lips. I can't help but stare at her beauty. Noticing me, she gave a gentle smile before being escorted by the man.

"What a beautiful young lady..."

Present Day

Machiavelli Estate, Tuscany, Italy

(Y/N)'s POV

I just got back from my 3-year-long business trip with my relatives in Sweden. Now I'm back home in Tuscany. Opening the door to the foyer, I see him seated on his favorite chair near the window reading a book. Noticing my presence, he turned around and put down his book to give his full attention to me.

"Good afternoon boss. To what do I owe the pleasure of this fine afternoon. Is the Campobasso Famiglia boss giving you a hard time again? Hehe" I said, taking the seat on the couch across from him.

"Straight to business as always (Y/N) but I want none of that for now. Come here and give me a hug. I may be the Don of our proud Machiavelli Famiglia but firstly I'm your father." Father said as he stood up and opened his arms to give me a loving embrace. I also returned the gesture.

"Mi manca la mia unica figlia... How are things?" Father said, going back to his seat.

"All is well papa. I've brought some cinnamon rolls and cream buns from Aunt Ginerva. We can have them for tea later on. Uncle Ludvig sent his regards and the twins, Oskar and Gio are always up to some trouble. Auntie is very grateful that I'm around to keep them out of trouble but when I left, I made them promise me that they won't cause trouble for their mother's sake." I said.

"Haha, Sorella and cognato are thoughtful as always. Pray to tell what recent trouble my nephews had." Father said.

"Rob a hybrid sports car from a Swedish Gang. You know Oskar's love for cars. Those two were lucky enough to have me there on time to fish them out before the cops arrived. (Sigh)... They may be grown men but still act like boys." I said

"Well nevertheless they are family. Familial bonds are the main foundation of our famiglia. Now to business... I know this is a sensitive subject for you but have you ever thought of finding someone and settling down?". Father said

"Not so much papa but our way of life can sometimes be a hindrance. I've been on dates or so but once they know where I come from, It's either they'll fear you and leave or love you for money and power. It all ends in fallacy. That's why I never bother going on dates again..." I said

"Hmm... I figured as much that's why I arranged an engagement. If you like to accept it." Father said

"Engagement?! To whom? You know father, my sexuality and preference. Why now do we have this conversation." I said, feeling uncomfortable about the sudden engagement.

"I know and I support you, it's just the famiglia and our allies are getting restless these days about the future. They say that as the underboss, It will be more stable to our ties and assurance to them that you are married before being appointed to take over our famiglia when I retire." Father said