The Villain they Want Me to Be...

(Y/N)'s POV

After getting Alcina stable, I ordered my men to take her to safety and have her in immediate medical attention. We also did a thorough sweep of the area and surrounding forest to make sure no other pests were lurking. Some of my men were injured and one of them was severely but no one died. We caught all of them and were brought to the authorities. The competition was canceled by creating a cover-up that some areas in the second part of the course had suddenly been infested by wasps and were likely to clear up in the next few days. It's been four hours since the incident and while doing damage control, the family is asking me for an explanation of what had happened. Then after changing my soiled clothing and freshening up, I'm now led by the butler to the castle's drawing room, where they are waiting. Knowing Miranda and Anton tended to Alcina first, the only family members that are present were Donna, Salvatore, and Karl. Out of nowhere, Karl grabbed me by the front collar of my dress shirt and dangled me up to show how pissed he is right now. Even with this threatening situation, I need to remain calm and make sure this doesn't escalate further. Remembering Alcina mentioned that he is very ill-tempered when it comes to someone who hurt he holds dear.

"You promised nothing will happen to my sister. To my family! And now, she's hurt because you bring your mafia shit troubles." Karl said. He suddenly shoves me off his hold causing me to stumble to the floor. But before he can do more harm, Salvatore got in between me and Karl to avoid one of us getting hurt.

"Karl that's enough! Calm down... Alcina wouldn't want this to happen. I know you're mad but be rational and give (Y/N) a chance to explain." Salvatore said. As donna help me stand up.

"I know that you're mad and have every right to be. (Sigh) to explain, A threatening message was sent to my famiglia from some anonymous gang about questioning my succession to be specifically aimed at my engagement. My father did everything in his power to deal with it and made sure that this threat will never pass the border of this country. Nevertheless, he also asked me to be on alert. That's also why I added a few of my men alongside the team from my company. Your mother requested that their protection will be discretional and also not cause panic to everyone. Also, tasking one of my escorts to protect Alcina discreetly. Luca was severely injured by taking out most of the ones that planned to kidnap her but four were to able maneuver him and almost executed their plan. I'm very thankful that I got to her on time..." I said remaining calm. Deep down, the thought of Alcina almost dying because of me is still fresh in my mind. I just wish that I can also express my frustrations too but this isn't the right time to do so.

"Who would do such a thing?" Donna said.

"Not much intel was found except they can be some traditional gangster wannabe mafia that started this insinuated aggression towards the famiglia. Father ordered every source he can have to find and end their threat. I haven't had any updates yet for I foremost prioritize your safety." I said.

"No shit sherlock, It doesn't change the fact that Alcina got hurt. So what then huh? Our family was just living peacefully until you showed up with your mafia. How do you think you're going to fix this?" Karl said.

"I did everything in my power to make sure that your family is out of harm's way but it wasn't enough. And if this issue isn't quickly resolved, it will be more dangerous... The only way I see it now is to leave and never have contact again for your protection." I said feeling heartbroken at the thought of it.

"(Y/N)... That means canceling your engagement. What would she say to this?" Salvatore said

"I know it wouldn't be fair for her but if it means knowing that everyone is safe. It has to be done..." I said

"Knowing this, she'll be stubborn. Especially because both of you are making googly eyes at each other." Karl said as he smoked a cigar to calm his nerves.