The Beginning of our Courtship

Two weeks Later

Castle Dimitrescu, Transilvania, Romania

(Y/N)'s POV

After hearing the news that Miss Dimitrescu accepted the Engagement, the Don made haste on the preparations. He said that they accepted my suggestion of a courting period. The duration they agreed upon will be 3 months and I'll be accommodated by her family during my stay. Taking a two-hour flight from Italy to Romania and another two-hour drive by the Chauffeur. We finally arrived at Castle Dimitrescu. Papa also wasn't even kidding that I'll be staying at a castle.

After getting out of the service car, a butler was waiting for us from the front porch. He then guided us to the castle. He told us that our baggage will be handled by the staff and will be taken to our rooms. I instructed one of my men to hand carry one case, for emergency necessity. Then the butler led us to this enormous castle's foyer to wait for my hosts to arrive with two of my escorts, Luca and Sergio.

"Luca, Sergio, why sit down for a bit? You guys are also tired from the trip." I said while taking a seat on the couch near the fireplace. They just stand near the door.

"It's improper, miss. Plus we're on escort duty." Sergio said.

"I wouldn't mind having a chat with the maids here. They are quite lovely." Luca said

"Fine, just try to look less intimidating and Luca keep your hand to yourself or else." I said dangerously, glaring at both of them for a second. Luca clearly gets the message by straightening his stance. Feeling a bit anxious, I did some last checking on my semi-formal black checkered suit. It is neat and clean. Then suddenly we heard footsteps coming from the stairs. We saw two ladies come down the stairway. One was around in her 60s wearing a dark green with gold accent dress and the other one was Miss Dimitrescu wearing a semi-formal white cream dress with a black rose pin complementing her upper left side on her chest. The picture on the profile didn't do Just. She's exquisitely beautiful. In a suave effort, I stood up from my seat to properly greet them.

"Welcome Miss Machiavelli to Castle Dimitrescu. I hope the trip here wasn't uncomfortable?" Dr. Heisenberg said. As I extended my hand for a handshake, she gladly returned the gesture.

"Not at all Dr. Heisenberg and thank you for the warm welcome. It's good to finally meet you, Miss Dimitrescu." I said as l also gave her a handshake. Feeling the touch of her hand on mine made me feel my heart skip a bit or two. Maybe I'm just nervous to meet her in person. Just hope I'm not making a fool out of myself.

"Charmed to also meet you, Miss Machiavelli." Miss Dimitrescu said with a gentle smile before smoothly letting go of my hand.

"Since you came from a long trip, you can take a rest for a while before dinner. Some of our relatives will be joining us later. I'm afraid to cut our meeting short because I have other matters that I need to attend to. Alcina dear, would you mind if you could accompany Miss Machiavelli to her assigned quarters." Dr. Heisenberg said before leaving us.

"Of course mother. It will give us some time to get accustomed to each other, won't it miss Machiavelli?" Miss Dimitrescu said not missing a wink in my direction.

"Y-yes. Of course." I said. Almost caught me off guard with her wink. She led me to the hallway with my escorts a few steps behind to give us some privacy.

"I must say, I wasn't expecting to stay in a castle. It gives an awe-inspiring feel and as if you went to another time." I said, trying to make small talk.

"Well besides our Winery, the castle has been with our family for many generations and is one of the national heritage sites in Romania. It's divided into two parts. As you can see, we are at the residential area. Only family, staff, and special guests are allowed here. The other area is the museum area which is open to the public. I could give you an exclusive tour tomorrow if you like?" Miss Dimitrescu said