Chapter-20

Chapter 20

In the room of Daimyo's office, Lord Naosuke was sitting alone, he seems to be in daze. A sudden knock on the door awake him.

"My lord, it's Kakashi. Can I come in? I am here to pass the investigation report."

"Come in, please"

"Orochimaru sama asked me to pass this investigation report. He was sent on an urgent mission so I am temporarily assigned here to assist you with the investigation, my lord."

Lord Naosuke was reading the report in a silence, his red frown was showing his anger and disappointment.

The Daimyo Tokugawa Naosuke, was indeed a good lord. He was too kind for his own good. The conflict among the princes was worsen during the Third Shinobi World.

His eldest son, Tokugawa Lemitsu, who was first in line to succeed the Lord position, was assassinated at the start of the shinobi war. It was found out that it was the work of Iwa. He knew his own children were involved in this assasination, so instead of appointing Hidetada who was his second son, he decided to stay in the position and choose the son of Lemitsu as his next successor.

Kakashi felt really bad for this old man. His children were fighting and killing each other. He had to admit. This old man was mentally strong, he managed to keep himself calm and dignified in the situation like this.

"Kaksashi kun, what do you think of this?"

"What do you mean? My lord"

"Just tell me the truth, Kakashi I know Toru was not a culprit."

"Are you saying the investigation report is forged? My lord"

"Pls just answer my question Kakashi kun."

Kakashi started to look around, seeing no one could hear their conversation, he lowered his voice and said.

"Okay, if you want to hear it, the truth then."

"Your second son Hidetada and the youngest lord Letsugu were behind this. They plotted everything behind your back. There's a great chance the assassination was connected to their connection with Kumo."

Lord Naosuke was in complex emotions. He knew that his children were involved, now it was telling him that not just one, but two. He seems to have difficult breathing after hearing the news. He was angry, hopeless, tense and sad. The feeling of despair overwhelmed him completely, he tried to stand up and he staggered a bit.

"My lord, are you alright?"

"It was my fault, I was too stubborn. I let the kid carry that much burden."

"No, My lord, it was your kindness that killed your grand child. Your kindness, you let them take advantage of that."

Kakashi knew his words were harsh and cruel. But the lord needed to hear it to avoid the same tragedy from keep happening.

"But they are also my children. How can I?"

"Tell me Kakashi. What should I do?" Said the Daimyo with a hear-broken face. Kakashi knew his harsh words send the lord into the depths of despair.

He shook his head, and he is feeling confuse for a moment. The past with his clan resurfaced in his mind at the moment, Kakashi feels a bit emotional. Taking a deep breath, Kakashi let himself to calm down as much as possible.

He also couldn't do anything. Not with this power.

*********************************

A week after first prince's funeral, Land of Fire declared all-out-war against the Ryukyu valley, controlled by a Kotaba Clan, who was famous for their kekkai genkai(bloodline) technique ; Spirit Technique.