Chapter-3

Chapter-3/Waking Up

Two weeks later, Kakashi had awaken from his coma, he was back in Konoha and realising that those nightmares of his were all true and his mom was dead because of him and the fact that she had been buried already. It was still hard to come in terms with what had happened and he no longer believed that any place in the world was safe.

His whole world was being turned upside down after these events. He didn't even know what he really was now. Sometimes after the events at the Crooked forest, he had managed to recall one important memory that the massacre was not all demon's doing, which meant he was submitted in the sense of surrendering to his own rage, which came as a result of his own actions, actions that lead to an increased susceptibility to demonic spirit's influence. 

He was sure that Sakumo had already known the cause of the massacre and who the mass murderer of his clan was. But his dad told him that it was all the demonic spirit's doing but he surely knew that it was not true. He remembered the rage he felt at that time, which brutally killed and destroyed every living presence he could sense.

Nevertheless, he pretended not to remember anything about the massacre as he knew his father was suffering the most because of the recent events, which really hit Sakumo the most. He looked like a lot older within just a few days. The only reason his father still standing tough was because of him. Considering this, there was no point in telling him this, even when he was really distraught and traumatised by these tragic events.

Sakumo would have done the same if he were Kakashi. He would do anything if he could reduce even a tiny bit of his father's pain and suffering. Of course, he was the one who took everything from him, he didn't have any right to complain at all. 

The main problem he got was himself being able to understand those complicated things at such young age. Being a genius and prodigy, he was never a normal child even without his abnormal abilities. Upon knowing his words about not remembering massacre, his dad seemed to relieve a bit and focused in Kakashi's rehabilitation to get better.

**********************************

Sakumo POV

After the Hatake clan annihilation, the whole Konoha was in shock, their whole clan was in charge of Kiri border security so their military force in the region was seemingly diminished. Sakumo covered the whole truth for Kakashi, telling the council that the powerful secret jutsu used for the ritual went wrong which was beyond their control and took everyone lives except Kakashi, coz his mother saved him with her life.

Well, that's not a total lie. He just not mentioned it to anyone that Kakashi was mainly involved in the ritual, he would never allow his son being labelled as monster again and took the blame for what happened back there. God would know what the village council would have done to his son if they discovered the truth. He would make sure that no one ever found out. He already had a conversation with Kakashi to make things clear, the kid was smart, too smart for his age, so Kakashi listened to his words and obeyed him without any complaints.

More important to that, through two months of rehabilitation, Kakashi's condition seems to get a lot better, what's really concerned him was his physical strength becoming abnormal. Kakashi's original strength was already strong for a kid but his new strength was too much.

The demon who was in contact with Kakashi was so fierce and powerful that could destroy the whole clan with ease. The good thing was that demon was not possessing Kakashi, the kid was still in his mind under his own control. 

If his thoughts drifted back to a time, he clearly remembered the ripped strange black mass on the ritual circle inside the shrine building, he pretty much knew what he saw exactly and that confirmed his suspicions that the ritual had not completed yet.