Existence

"Yayayaya... "I text Taehyung. "My vacation just got sanctioned. Full 10 days. Yayaya...". My phone pings. It's Tae, "That's amazing.. Finally. I'll book our flights after coming back home tonight."
"Yes please. We should celebrate.. how about we go out for dinner today?" Something warm and cozy."
"Sounds cool. I think I should be able to get off timely today. I'll pick you up?" He asks me.
"Yeah. Okay." I reply.
"You're cute. See you later." Tae texts.

My spirits are so high even by the end of the day. Taehyung texted me that he's gonna reach the hospital in fifteen minutes. I change from scrubs into my clothes. I wore navy blue, flare trousers and gray knitted v- neck top today with a pair of strappy gray heels. I pick up my bag and hurry downstairs. As I reach the exit, I realize that it's drizzling outside. I love this weather. I hurriedly close my jacket around me and step outside. Just then my phone rings, it's Tae,
"Hey.. it's gonna take me a while. Another ten minutes perhaps. There's some traffic."
I reply, " It's fine. It's drizzling. You know that I love rain. Why don't you meet me at the street opposite the hospital? It'll save us some time."
"Okay." He replies. I cut the call and start walking.
As I reach there, I realize I still have some time so I decide to go to this flower shop, which is just around the corner. I frequently buy flowers for our home from here. I buy a dozen white lillies this time, pay the owner and thank her. Just as I come out of the shop, I see Tae pulling up. He turns to open the door but I gesture him to remain seated. But him being Tae, when I reach the passenger side, he's already there with the door open. I smile at him and shake my head and get inside. When he settles himself in the driver's seat, I pull out one of the lillies and give it to him and kiss him on the cheek. I turn back to settle into my seat but Tae stops me and cups my face. He looks me in the eyes with so much love and then i feel his lips against mine. He kisses me thoroughly. I get lost in it for a moment and I feel him smile against my lips at the end of the kiss. "Thank you." He says. I exhale and then open my eyes. This is a habit of Tae. He will pull me to a stop in the moments when I don't even realise that I'm rushing through things. He'll stop me, hold me and then kiss me slowly. It feels like everything resets for me in that one moment and all of my anxiety leaves my body in the next exhaled breath. It's magic.

I deposit the flowers and my bag in the back seat, fasten my seat belt and face forwards but just then I realize something and I ask Tae, "Why are you the one driving the car? Where's the driver?" Tae tells me that he sent him home early because the weather was so nice, so he thought we could go for a drive or something. "Very thoughtful, Taehyung-ssi. I'm impressed." I smirk at him. He chuckles at my response.
I turn on the radio.. and roll down my window a little.. it's like little drops from heaven coming down on the window. I can't help but stare at the drops rolling down the window pane for a while. Trees passing by, raindrops shining in the glow of streetlights and little puddles on the sidewalk, reflecting the streetlights so brightly.. it's a beautiful picture. Something I'd like to capture with my camera. It's sad that I don't have it on me right now. I smile and turn towards Taehyung and catch him looking at me. I blush. Suddenly I hear this familiar tune on radio and I turn it up a little. It is one of their songs.. Home, one of my favourites. I start humming and then Tae, being the dramatic self he is, puts on a show with his goofy expressions which makes me laugh. He really is something, one minute he is all deep and sexy and next minute, he is goofing around like the biggest kid on the playground. "You are very handsome, you know. Sexy. You should wear cardigans more often. They look really good on you." I say to him. He is wearing a black cardigan over brown pants today. He gives me this most dazzling smile which, I know, doesn't have an ounce of humility in it. I don't know when the song ends or how I end up with my hand in his hair, stroking the back of his neck lovingly.

"Okay.. on a serious note... Now don't make that face, listen to me for a minute." I say to him when he starts pouting like a baby. He straightens up in his seat and says with a mock salute,"Yes, ma'am!"
I laugh a little at his antics but continue, "I was thinking, since I'm getting 10 days off and we anyhow wanna go on a small vacation, just to relax, why don't we go visit your parents for the weekend and then we can leave for airport from there?"
He says, "But we visited them last month. It's not necessary, you know. I mean, you've been working so much lately, spending two days extra on our holiday will relax you." "Yeah, I know it's not necessary but I'd like that. I mean, your parents would like it too. It would be a nice surprise and I'll get to eat Mom's amazing food. It will be good two days. And it will be practically vacation only because Mom never lets me do anything. If my mom sees, no, how I behave at your parents' home, she'll kick me in the butt for lazying around. It'll be fun.. let's go, yeah?".
"Okay. Okay. I'm anyhow always happy to see them. If you're this desperate, then I guess I can oblige." His lips curve into a smirk which earns him a slap on his arm. He laughs out loud.
"Ha ha. Very funny." I retort. "By the way, where are we going for dinner? I'm starving." I add. Tae says, "Yeah, right. You are saying that you're starving now but you'll end up eating just two bites before you'll say that your tummy is full. And do you seriously care where we are going? You are the most unenthusiastic person I've met when it comes to food. Thank god, Jin hyung hasn't realised this yet, otherwise he'll call you a disgrace on humanity."
"Whatever, okay. I've made peace with it and you should too. I am like this only." I reply. Tae shakes his head because he never gets how someone can be so laid back with food.