Longing

I wake up and look at the time. It is 4:00 p.m. I slept for almost 6 hours. I get up and get washed. I go into the kitchen and heat up the food that our housekeeper left in the fridge. As I'm waiting for it to heat up, I open my phone and text Taehyung how practice is going on. Their world tour is gonna start soon and it has been very hectic few weeks for him. They have been working so hard. I'm always impressed by the amount of effort they put in. And it's just not about singing and dancing, they put so much work into every other aspect too, promotion, photoshoots, interviews. It's truly awe-inspiring. I don't get a reply so I assume he must be occupied right now.
I eat up my lunch and shower. I change into a pair of cream colored wide legged trousers, a half sleeved mint green round neck top, my usual heart pendant, and a pair of round stud earrings with my gray leather strapped watch and a pair of nude strappy kitten heels. I pick up my tote bag and leave.

I decide to drop by their studio before going to hospital for my night shift tonight. On my way, I pick up some coffee and drinks and some muffins, pastries, bagels for them.
I reach the building and make my way to the floor where their studio is located. There's so much security. Some people recognise me, but thankfully Tae got me an ID sort of thing a while ago to make it easier for me to get into the studio. One of the staff members whom I remember from when Tae introduced me to some of his closest working staff, saw me coming and escorted me to their dance practice room. I bow and thank him. As I reach the room, I see them rehearsing choreography of one of their songs and I involuntarily stop as I'm mesmerized by their synchronous movements and how they never seem to falter. This is looking like the final rehearsal because everyone's expressions and dance steps are on point. No one seems to be goofing around. I don't realize that I haven't moved from my place till they finish the song.

Tae looks at me, standing at the door, a little surprised. I hold up both my arms showing the boys that I have goodies for them. All of their faces light up seeing the food that I'm holding. I know if they wouldn't have been as exhausted as they are after this grueling rehearsal, they would have jumped on the food. I keep the food aside and ask the camera director if it is okay for me to go greet them. She gestures that it's fine. So, I go upto them and bow and greet them. They try to get up but I gesture to them that it's fine. No need for formalities. I go up to Tae and run my hand through his sweaty hair and complement him for good practice. I always get a little worried seeing him and other members breathing like this after a practice but I think it's just that doctor in me. He still can't speak properly as he is breathing so hard. I can see his chest heaving so prominently. I tell him that if I were to put on a steth and listen to his heartbeat right now, my ears would burst. I take his wrist in my hand try to count his pulse. It must be around 120, right now. It's bounding. He smiles. When he has finally caught his breath, he says, "Hello."
"Hi." I smile.
"What are you doing here?" I hand him his towel as he gets up from the floor.
"Nothing. Just thought I'd catch your practice a little before going to hospital."
"Oh..okay."
"You're gonna be leaving soon for your world tour, so I thought I should spend as much time as I can with you. Our jobs are non- negotiable, so let's steal these little moments only, right?" I look at him adoringly and he pulls me into his embrace.
Just then rest of the members also get up from their places after catching their breaths and I greet them. I tell them how amazing they all were looking and what perfect choreography it was. I don't understand the technicalities, but I know as a fan, that ARMYs are gonna love it. They still have one more practice session to go through before they'll take a break, so I sit near the wall on the hardwood floor crossing my legs, behind all the cameras and watch them practice. They are such cute boys, always making each other laugh and their hard work is sexy. I cannot help but stare at their body movements. So perfectly in sync. Not single one misses a beat. They do have different speeds when it comes to learning but the end result is just mind boggling. They all reach that same level of perfection. I was looking at Taehyung and he was dancing solo for a part of the song and he does this perfect body roll and I clap involuntarily. Suddenly I see some heads turning in my direction and I blush so hard as I realize what I did. They must think that I'm whipped or something. It's not that I'm not but I didn't have to be so obvious. I put my hands underneath my butt for the rest of the practice just to be on the safe side. I think I'm better suited for concerts where I don't have to be so quiet with my reactions.