Unsaid Words

SERI'S POV

"Your handphone is ringing." HaYung-ah calls me from Duty room.
I am in the nursing station finishing up the files of the ward. I signal her "ok".
I am walking towards the Duty room but I'm called by a patient's relatives to ask for something regarding patient's health.
I calrify the doubts and by the time I reach the Duty room, there are 4 missed calls from Taehyung. I panick looking at the calls.
"Who's TaTa? Why would you save someone as a cartoon character? This person was calling continuously." HaYung-ah interjects.
I just smile and shake my head, "It's nothing. I'll take this call, yeah? Please cover for me for five minutes." I ask her.
She nods. I come out of the duty room and dial Tae's number.

He picks up after one ring only.
"Hey.. I'm sorry, I was at the nursing station and my phone was in the Duty room on charging. What happened?"
I don't get a reply immediately, instead I hear a little sniff. Is he crying? He's crying.
"Do you have cold?" I ask him.
I hear his raspy voice come through, "No." And it is followed by another sniff.
"What happened?" I ask him softly.
I walk towards the staricase for some privacy.

It takes him a couple of moments before he says, "My leg muscles seized up while I was practicing today for tomorrow's concert. I'm not able to even move without support." This statement is followed by another sniff.
My heart breaks on hearing his words. Muscle spasm hurts a lot. He must be in so much pain. Moreover tomorrow is the day of concert.
"It must be hurting a lot. Have you showed it to your physician yet?" I ask him.
"Yeah. We just returned from the hospital. It's not hurting as much now but I cannot move at all." He hisses a little in pain. "Even trying to move makes my leg hurt." I can feel the strain in his voice. He's in so much pain.
"Did they put a cast or anything to prevent movements?"
"No. Not yet. But the doctor did tell me to not put effort at all. And to minimize movements to zero. But tomorrow is the concert."
"Physiotherapy?"
"Yeah. I just had a session. That is what relieved the spasm. Otherwise, my muscles were completely seized up."
I nod my head.
"Where are you now?" I ask him.
"Company", comes his short reply.
I should take the rest of the day off. I look at the time. It's just a couple of hours left of my shift. Shall I talk to SR on duty?
Again I hear a painful hiss on the other side of the phone.
"What? What happened?"
"Ahh.. nothing. I just moved my leg subconsciously."
I should talk to SR.
"How are you going to manage tomorrow's concert?"
"Yeah. Have to discuss it with the members and the team. But I'm hoping that another physiotherapy session might help me. Shouldn't it? I mean, if I am just able to stand. It's not like we have choreo for every song. Am I wrong?"
He is being too hopeful. Muscle spasms don't get better in such short amount of time. It is gonna get better with time only. Physiotherapy can help only upto a certain extent. But I don't have the heart to tell him this. His voice sounded a little bit towards normal only in this sentence.
"Let's take it slowly, yeah? Rushing through things won't help either."
I make up my mind to take the rest of day off.
"Right. Namjoonie hyung is calling me. I'll see you at home "
I nod. "Yeah. And don't be upset. It'll work out." I assure him.
He humms and cuts the call.

I look through my contact list. I text HwangJun.
"Hey.. are you in hostel?"
"Yes." Comes his reply instantly. Good. He always replies fast. "What happened?"
"I am on duty today and something urgent has come up. Will you please be able to be on call for me? I've got only a couple of hours of duty left for today. You don't have to come. Just be on call in case something happens. Please?"
I wait with baited breath for his reply.
"Okay." Comes his short and simple reply.
Just to be sure I ask him, "It's not a problem right? I'm sorry I'm asking this favour on such short notice."
"No. It's okay. I'm anyhow on PDO today."
"Thank you so much. I owe you big time. Thank you."
"No issues. :-)".
I run towards SR's office to take his permission. He readily gives me permission to leave early when I tell him that I have asked HwangJun to be my proxy for today. SR says that he doesn't mind if it is sorted out between us.
I tell HaYung-ah about change in plans too and then I start walking towards Ortho department of our hospital.
I text DongWoo Sunbae-nim to ask him where he is.
I tell him about Taehyung's condition. He gives me some pointers as to what can help Tae acutely and he also writes up a prescription of medicine for the same.
I pick up medicines from a nearby pharmacy and drive to Hybe's building.