Little things

I came from hospital early today. I had just a day shift. I rested for a while and then sat down to read this book which I have to finish for the exam. I sat down on the floor beside the coffee table in the bedroom. I made coffee for myself and put on some slow music to read to. Music helps me concentrate better while studying as it drowns out the surrounding random noises. I barely use study table for studying, because I somehow always prefer floor over chair. Floor is more comfortable.

I was studying and I don't realise how the time passes. I look at the clock and it is almost 9. Taehyung should have come home by now. House help also left an hour ago after making dinner. I lay my head down on the coffee table and close my eyes, listening to music. I turn it up a little. This playlist is my favourite.
After a while, I hear a sound coming from the living room. It must be Taehyung. I hear his manager's voice. His manager bids him goodbye. I don't get up as I'm feeling lazy. I know he will come to the bedroom next. And surely, next moment he opens the door to our bedroom.
"I knew this beautiful music was coming from this room." I smile at his words. Witchcraft by Frank Sinatra is playing.

He walks over to me and sits beside me on the floor.
He also puts his head on the coffee table so that we are facing each other.
I put my palm over his cheek.
"Hi." I smile at him. "How are you? How was your day?"
"It was tiring but good. We shot the pre recording today. It felt nice. To perform after the break."
I smile at his happy expression. I run my fingers through his hair. I push the hair falling on his eyes back.
"You worked very hard." I remark. He's looking tired but happy at the same time, if that's possible.
"What are you doing?" He asks me.
I release a long sigh at his question. "Just trying to read. I got free a little early today, so I thought I'd catch up with my reading material."
He glances at the book beside me.
"That is very thick. You have to read whole of it?"
"Yeah. I was hoping to. It's a good book. I'm enjoying the way it's written. So it's kinda easier to read."
He licks his lips and nods. This attracts my attention to his lips.
"I want to kiss your lips." I whisper.
"And no one is stopping you." He whispers back.
Just then I yawn. "My tiredness is stopping me."
He chuckles at my logic.
He lifts his head and sits straight. "Lemme do the work for you." He takes my arm and pulls me in sitting position onto his lap. His hands hold my head and he leans in to press his lips against mine. It feels nice. I'm like a puppet in his arms. His hands are the only thing holding me straight. He puts one hand around my waist to support my weight and traces his fingers down my face.
"Your skin is so soft. Want me to do anything else for you?"
A laugh escapes my lips.
"Give my exam for me?" I ask rhetorically. He smiles.
I wrap my hands around his waist. He pulls my glasses off me and hugs me. I bury my face in his chest.
I feel my body melting into his.
"I love your bear hugs." I speak but it comes out muffled.
"Hmm?"
I turn my head to the side and then repeat, " I love your bear hugs. They are the best in the whole wide world."
I don't have to look at his face to know that a big smile has appeared on his face upon hearing this. He tightens his arms around me.
"Careful. Five more minutes like this, and I'm sure I'll fall asleep on you."
His chest vibrates with laughter.
I release a sigh and pull apart. Let's not be lazy. I put my glasses back on.
"Let's have dinner. You go take a shower and in the meanwhile, I'll set up dinner table."
I get up from the floor.
He also gets up from the floor and takes off his shirt.
I pull a cardigan over my pyjama set and tie my hair in a ponytail.
"Please turn up the music a little." His voice comes from inside the bathroom.
I connect my phone to the home speakers and turn up the volume. We both will be able to hear music now.

I set up the food on the table and Tae also comes out after taking shower.
"When are your exams?"
"March."
"That's 8 months from now. I thought they are near the way you were stressing."
"Nah. But I'll have to give a lot of time to my thesis later. I have to submit it till December. So i need to get ahead with my theory part so that it doesn't get left too much by the end."
"Waahhh! Tell me again how it makes sense that you have to plan for your exams a year ahead?"
"Beauty of this field." I say sarcastically.
He rubs my back assuringly. "It's gonna be fine. Just tell me how I can help you. I'll be at your service whenever you need me. Afterall, I get to brag that I have a doctor wife in the process."
I smile at his words. "This genuinely means a lot to me. Thank you."
He places a peck on my lips. And sits down at the dining table. I also sit beside him and we start eating.
"Right, yeah. Your comeback. How many days?"
"Umm.. around 2 weeks."
I nod my head.
"You're going to be working hard. You'll be very busy."
"But I can make time for you anyhow."
"I know. How is it going though?"
"Okay. It's very hectic but i don't mind. We all are so excited for the comeback that the hours are not really an issue right now."
"Beauty of loving what you do. You really love doing this, no?"
He smiles and nods a little.